“Pricey But Worth It”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Gotta say this is not inexpensive especially for a family, but the food is really really well done and so tasty. Service, as always, depends on the server but the food each time I have been here has been excellent and I try and order something differnet on each visit. I took a West Coast visitor here for a late lunch/early dinner and they were amazed at the wonderful meal. They complety enjoyed the meal as did I. It is not inexpensive but the food is really well prepared and I feel worth the cost. It is rather noisy as it gets crowded and hard to have a meaningful conversation. The acoustics are not very good at all and just echo all the noise, mgmt needs to address this so the diner can be more comfortabel as we dine. Overall it is a good palce ot go out to ean. Try it and you will be a fan... :-)

1  Thank wblu

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Go for lobsters! The value for money is there. I had a standard new england clam chowdah soup (nothing special, too creamy) but the lobster is great.
A bit noisy (not too much), good selection of beers, no espresso (only standard coffee).

1  Thank mcboit
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love this place! I'm from New England and grew up on fresh lobsters, steamers, etc. that we'd get right from the boats. This place gives you a true taste of what New England seafood is all about. Everything is super fresh and delicious and the staff is incredible. It's a great family place, I'd eat their every day if I could.

2  Thank Debra F
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ate there with my daughter last week. I had the crab cakes which were good. The little muffins they serve are tremendous. Service was excellent. Pretty high prices, though, for the food offered.

1  Thank Juan R
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Fords is one step above a chain seafood house. Add to that the "lively atmosphere" (read that as it is impossible to hear). On the plus side, their happy hour specials bring the price down to reasonable. The food is ok, nothing to write home about.