“Good food.... service not so good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ford's Fish Shack

Ford's Fish Shack
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food.... service not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went to Ford Fish Shack in Ashburn at lunch time. I must say the restaurant was very busy for a weekday lunch. We were a big party of 10 and they had no table available in the restaurant, so we were asked to be seated outside on the patio. To our surprise we were given two different tables with two tables and a pillar in between them. When we refused to be seated separately, we were told to wait for another 20 mins.
Finally after our wait the table was ready, the servers were so busy that we put our tables together ourselves and dragged the chairs. Well finally after all that wait our food arrived and to my surprise it was really good. I specially liked their jalapeno and corn muffins and their shrimp and fish tacos were excellent. I would recommend it for the food, if you are willing to sacrifice on the service

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Lawrenceburg, Indiana
“Good Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had the shrimp roll and my husband had the Pecan Crusted Trout. Both were very tasty, We had Maine Chips to share that were also very good. Everything was served in a timely manner and was hot. We were a party of 8, so that can be difficult. The service was excellent and our waitress was very down to earth and helpful. They had a good beer selection for those who like something a little different.

I suggest reservations for weekends. We sat outside or we would have had a 2 hour wait. It is well worth planning ahead.

1 Thank Sharon M
Washington, DC
“There's Nothing Bad to Say...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

About Ford's Fish Shack. Great seafood, staff, atmosphere and it doesn't break the bank.

This is one of our "go to" restaurants when friends and family come in town, grabbing a bite to eat, or just to go unwind and have a drink at the bar. The food is excellent. The staff is always right on point, expedient, educated about the menu, and helpful.

I've never had anything that I would say wasn't fantastic.

If you haven't been yet, you should go!

WashDC
“Wicked Good Lobstah Rolls!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Ever since it opened, Ford's Fish Shack has been a part of our agenda, as it reminds us of Maine, where we used to live. My wife is an expatriate "Mainiac" (Mainers who move out of state), and she enjoys the trappings and the food. We usually order our fave, Lobstah Roll, and have tried the other dishes on the menu, as well. We have really been spoiled by our time in Maine, where you could get a pound of lobster on a roll at Red's on the way to Camden, but the freshness of this dish almost approaches the abundance one could find in Lobstah Land! Their chips and fresh oysters are also on my list as must-haves, together with the Angry Mussels! Yes, we will go back, because we are gluttons for the good life, and Ford's Fish Shack teases us with a glimpse of how lobstah rolls should be! No mayo, please... and hold the shredded lettuce...

• Visited May 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good Dinner - Come Early to Avoid the Crowds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was my second trip to Fords Fish Shack. It was a Monday night so I thought things might be a little slow at 6:00 PM, not so! There were only a couple of tables left to sit at. My advice is to make a reservation and to come early. The Shack has a good selection of beers.

We ordered the Jumbo Shrimp which were excellent, and Oysters. We also snacked on a Flat Bread with Chicken, Artichoke and Pesto which was average. In addition I had the Clam Chowder which was great and the Lettuce Wedge with gobs of Blue Cheese, bacon bits and tomato bits which was delicious.

Service was average. Check out the Happy Hour food and drink specials for the best deals.