“An experience not worth Ever Repeating!”
Review of Ford's Fish Shack

Ford's Fish Shack
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Germantown, Maryland
“An experience not worth Ever Repeating!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I usually like to check out new restaurants, and see what other advisors on Trip Advisor or Yelp have to say! Let me start off with, no offense meant, to other reviewer's of this shack, but this was the worst excuse for a fish specialty Restaurant EVER! Some folks on here say that is the best seafood they have ever had, I Disagree, the seafood wasn't worth the price nor tasty! Starting with Lobster Bisque, If I hadn't ordered a shot of Sherry to put in my bisque, the taste of the bisque would have been pretty bad! I ordered a shrimp roll, and it was average in taste, not nearly enough shrimp for the hefty price I paid for it. My fiance ordered, the bisque, and had a Casear salad. The salad had a Casear dressing made with Mayo and that was not tasty in her opinion either. I have traveled in every New England State and this place doesn't come close to Decent Maine Seafood, in taste nor quality. I left the Shack, and thought, I would have been better off eating at Long John Silver's for seafood. At least there you get what you pay for. I can't stress enough, the fact that we had high expectations of this Shack, because of the other comments on Trip Advisor, now I begin to wonder, if the reviewers here ever had really decent Maine or New England Seafood before?? I leave you with this thought my friends, I am not sure how this place survives but they seemed to be busy. They need to improve what they serve and how it's prepared too! Unfortunately, I will tell my associates that I work with in D.C. Please don't waste your time nor your money at Ford's Fish Shack. To everybody else, if you don't care about quality food, small portions, and pricey everything, then by all means Go directly to this Shack.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Food-Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went to Ford's fro lunch and sorry we couldn't go back for dinner. We ordered Clam Chowder soup, it was very good (I did not like the crackers in the soup). The server was most helpful in helping us to decide how to order a combination plate we would enjoy. The whole bellied fried clams, scallops and fired oysters were so yummy. The portions are very generous. There is outdoor seating.
It was difficult finding a parking space. The restaurant is located in a shopping mall, very tight parking. Also we were there during lunch hour so it was quite busy. The service is excellent and food was great!

1 Thank VegasGal55_10
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood in Northern Virginia”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just left Ford's Fish Shack, and we just had to comment on it's unique seafood dishes and excellent service. Joey, our server, was personable and attentive. He made some recommendations for food choices, such as the angry mussels and the potato crusted halibut. The Maine chips were delicious. The sauce on the trout was slightly sweet and was a great complement to the pecans and fish. Top notch food and service. We will be back!

1 Thank TheMinerFamily
“Might be worth the wait to be seated.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We ordered the special - haddock - which was very good, but we want to return to try the New England Ipswich clams. The server was very good; however, try not to arrive in the middle of the dinner hour - too crowded and noisy. You can call ahead, but will still have to wait.

• Visited May 2013
“Great food and Great Service!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family and I visited Ford's Sunday afternoon. We had to wait about 30 minutes, but it was well worth it. We started off with mussels as an appetizer. They were delicious and fresh. The service was excellent as 2 waitresses served our table. All the meals were excellent, (fish tacos, lobster roll, fish and chips, etc). I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for great seafood in a family friendly environment.