“Superior Service from Bob”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ford's Fish Shack

Ford's Fish Shack
Ranked #1 of 212 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Superior Service from Bob”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This spot is a must stop every time I travel to Ashburn, VA. The seafood is always fresh and super tasty. The Lobster chips app. is really incredible and the Pick and peel shrimp are excellent. Upon my last visit I had the Catfish Po' Boy special and that was really good as well. Excellent draft beer selection. I wish the Bar area was larger. Better go early or you will be waiting!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Josh928

Sterling, Virginia
“Sunday Brunch was AMAZING”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been here several times, everyone knows its awesome, but I decided to give the place a try for BRUNCH on Feb 17th 13. First, not having to wait an hour to be seated (which is always worthwhile mind you) was a great change. The usual biscuit baskets included blueberry muffins alongside the usual corn ones. My husband had the Crabcake Benedict and I had the Smoke Trout Both dishes were amazing! I was a little apprehensive to order the trout because it said it came with scrambled eggs, and honestly I was expecting "normal" dry scrambled eggs, but boy was I wrong! They were so moist and delicious! Another pleasant surprise is that the potatoes that came with our dishes are battered in the same batter they use for their seafood. each little slice is individually battered and are just amazingly good. Also, You have most usual entree choices available during brunch, to include the fried seafood, lobster bisque etc. Check out the pics!

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Great sunday lunch”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ford's have a great variety of fish and shellfish on the menue. the swordfish special was excellent as was the chopped salad. The beer selection is very good. Service was excellent and the price reasonable for the DC area.
this is my third visit and it was always been very good.

Ashburn, VA
“Great Start, disappointing finish”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I started out with a dozen of the East Coast blue point oysters at $21.00, which was quite more expensive than I expected. With that said, they were fresh and delicious. I probably could have eaten another dozen. I was excited to continue the meal. We got lobsters rolls, one regular, one connecticut style. The lobster meat was tough and the toasted roll was soggy. For $17 bucks a piece, I have had many better rolls on the coast of Maine for under $15.00. The shoestring fries (which I think is kind of cheating in the fry department) were over cooked and tasteless. The sweet potato fries were better, but they were served with ketchup. I wish they would have served them with a almond or cinnamon butter to bring out the sweetness of the fries. For the price, I don't think it's not quite worth it for us to return.

Visited February 2013
Ashburn
“Good food, lively crowd, will go again!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Founder special topped with a black bean mix and salsa was excellent, generous portion, the oyster selection was good and the waiter well informed to tell us what was available.