“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover”

Good Fortune Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 211 Restaurants in Ashburn
Smith Mountain Lake
“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The restaurant is nothing special. Just a storefront in a strip mall, clean inside, with a few tables and a take-out counter. What is special is the food. The food is very special. The menu is extensive to the point that it makes ordering a tough decision. I ordered an appetizer and an entree. Both were good as any I have ever had. OK, so it has excellent food. But, there is more. It is, also, a vegan restaurant. A vegan restaurant run by vegans. My daughter and I shared the vegan chicken dumplings. Amazing! Not only were they good, but the chicken that was not chicken was delicious. It smelled like chicken, chewed like chicken and tasted like chicken. I promise you this chicken that was not chicken is better than any chicken that is chicken that you will find in many restaurants and, I bet, all fast food joints. When I ordered my pork dish, the waitress asked what kind of pork I wanted. Temporarily confused, I asked her how many kinds of pork there were.
Oh, of course, there is pork and there is pork that is not pork. There is, also, beef that is not beef, shrimp that is not shrimp, etc., etc. For us carnivores, every item on the menu is prepared just the way we like it. For you vegans, you have found Chinese paradise in a strip mall.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ticocharlieSML

Ashburn, Virginia
“best Chinese in Ashburn”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went there tonight for the off the menu Chinese New Year Menu. Taste sooooo Good. I will come back again for different off the menu dishes again next time. Highly recommend to everyone.

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Probably best Chinese food in Ashburn.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Our "go to" place for when we have a craving for Chinese food. Clearly superior to all other Ashburn Chinese restaurants and on a par with all but the very best anywhere!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Chinese Food I Ever Had”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Well when we got to the building we entered, it was a little small. but as they say the best things come in small packages. we were Greeted by a friendly hostess who served us immediatly. i Ordered the sesame chicken with the steak lo mein. it was the best Chinese ever. the sesame chicken was the best i have ever had. it had a crispy outside and a soft and tender inside. The Lo Mein was the best by far. it was amazing i cant put it into words. trust me. You have to try this place

Visited January 2011