“Nicest Thai restaurant in town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 211 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Ashburn, Virginia
“Nicest Thai restaurant in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I ate here for several times since I live very close to the restaurant.Good food for reasonable price,friendly staffs, and good atmosphere. They have it all. I recomend this place anyone who have craving for Thai food.

1 Thank sgrans

Mount Vernon, Washington
“Very Nice Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We live in the Ashburn area where there are many, many Thai restaurants, but this is the one we go back to time and time again. I have been to Thailand many times so I know what Thai food should taste like. The food here is authentic and delicious. Service is always good and there is a good selection of dishes to choose from. I recommend the papaya salad (som tam), the green curry and pangang curry. I've read some of the other negative reviews of this restaurant and frankly, I don't understand them. For example, the restaurant smells of typical Thai food to me. I love walking through the door and smelling all those wonderful aromas that remind me of the wonderful country of Thailand. You really can't go wrong at this restaurant. You will get a very good, authentic meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vern C
Ashburn, Virginia
“Helpful staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We recently dined on a Saturday evening. I was surprised that there were so few customers in the restaurant for a Saturday evening. We were a party of four adults and one toddler and the staff was accommodating in giving us a booth in the back of the restaurant. They do not have a kids menu, but they were able to bring an order of broccoli and some noodles with broth for the toddler. Food was average.

1 Thank UOtterTravel
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“We walked out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and brother-in-law stopped today for Sunday lunch. We live close and drive by frequently. As soon as we walked in I noticed it smelled weird. The boys said it smelled like corn. I thought it was cigarettes. The seats had stains. After about 3 minutes we walked out. I noticed on our way out that we were the only people there and the waiter was not getting us waters but sitting at another table doing nothing. I wouldn't recommend this at all.

3 Thank HollyC86
Leesburg, Virginia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was really craving Thai food today. I read about Bangrak Thai Cuisine on Tripadvisor, and saw that it got good reviews. I've eaten at several Thai restaurants and this is one of the worst I've tried. It smelled good when I walked in. The decor was nice and contemporary. I was seated at a table that my arms kept sticking to - not fun. When the server handed me a menu I noticed that it had food on it, which I had to wipe off with my hand - ewww! So far, I'm not impressed. I ordered a "coconut punch" which came in a relatively small glass with ice and cost more than it was worth. I love a good Tom Kha soup, but was disappointed with theirs. which came with the lunch entree. It was lacking flavor and was only a half-full small bowlful. My favorite Thai entre is Panang Curry. This was not good. It was heavy on the peanut and basil flavors. It had green bell pepper - red bell pepper would have been better. I'm sure it's a matter of taste, but my tastebuds will go elsewhere the next time I'm craving Thai cuisine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles