“Love, Love, Love this Place!”

Parallel Wine Bistro
Ranked #13 of 210 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Love, Love, Love this Place!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I try to frequent Parallel as often as possible. The wine offerings are varied and quality, the beer selection is not as large, but hey, it's a wine bistro. The food is absolutely fantastic! I like the fact that the wine servers behind the bar can suggest food pairing based upon the wine you've chosen. Personally, I have a problem with wine machines, which they also have, but that's just me. I enjoy watching prefessional wine service.

The interior of Parallel is nicely decorated as well. I love the wine box walls! I only wish that it was possible to sit outdoors year-round here. I very much enjoy their outdoor seating area and love the fact that outdoor cigar smoking is not only allowed but encouraged. A great wine can just as aptly be paired with a good cigar as it can with food.

Ashburn has a little gem of a gathering place here for those who don't want sports bars, beer dives or cliquish clientele.

• Visited November 2012

Portland, Oregon
“This place has a positive buzz and good wine-food pairing”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The owner seems to remember every guest. I like the option to dine at bistro level tables or traditional tables.

Ashburn, VA
“Great meeting place”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We meet friends here on a regular basis and always have a great time. The wine menu is amazing and their pairings make it easy to sample wines I might not otherwise try.

Visited August 2012
Ashburn, Virginia
“Wine and a flair on food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

A bit pricey for what you get! But it is tasty. I think places like this think they are not a chain so they automatically charge more. But, you don't get as much food as a chain, and I dispute the difference in price. However, I do like most of what I have had there. I am not a blue cheese fan, but the blue cheese dip and homemade chips are classic and seems to be a signature item. They were very tasty. The roasted duck on pita with goat cheese was very good as well! A nice drizzle of balsamic gave it a light flair, very good. I have been there 3 times and will return, but it is a certain audience I can take there, the menu is just eclectic enough, many folks can't handle it. Oh, and stuff they had marked gluten free was not, it was mislabeled. Service was great, very friendly. Wine half price on certain weeknights, I just don't remember which nights.

• Visited August 2012
Southport, North Carolina
“The perfect place to meet friends or have a romantic dinner”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was the perfect place to meet a friend for a light, but delicious, dinner and wine while catching up with each other’s busy lives. I was so surprised to find that Parallel could be so accommodating for my gluten-free diet; we were able to share our appetizers without a problem. Can't tell you how tasty my options were! The owner, Jason, is always gracious and obviously enjoys his business. And did I mention the wine selection; it's WONDERFUL...something for everyone. There's even LIVE entertainment on select evenings. Love this place!

• Visited July 2012