Hotel appears new and located quite a distance from Washington DC, it is about 12 minutes to Dulles. Room was clean, but had issues. It was quite small for a comperable suite hotel. The sliding doors for the separate Shower and separate toilet room on the surface sounds great, but a room without a bathtub is small. We had one bar of soap to share with the shower, toilet room and sink in the shower room. That and the lack of towels, the thin sheets for the very hard sofa bed. Also, hair dryer did not work and the sink in the toilet room was all plugged up. We stayed 2 nights and the hotel did take care of the reported problems after the first night. My real reason for giving the hotel such a rating are the following:
1.Pool was horribly small. I could touch both sides of the pool by outstretching my arms. Way too small to do anything. Capacity was a whopping 9 persons! You could fit the 9 if they all inhaled. This was first Spring Hill Suites I have stayed that had no whirlpool...not even a small one. I have stayed at tens of Spring Hills and competitors hotels.
2.Worst part of the stay was the breakfast. This hotel was packed at all visited hours and had only one waffle maker and a very limited seating area in the lobby. Even though the lobby is very modern looking, there is just not enough tables to accomodate the stress of the breakfast. Also, not much in choice was available, Pork sausages, on the raw side, had to wait quite a long time in line to just get a bagel and some oatmeal. Way too tight for the huge crowd even with the table outside. Much of the seats in the breakfast area are lounge chairs making it difficult to eat. I was in the breakfast area when it opened and it was packed with lines and my niece was there at 9:30 on a weekend and nothing was left and it was closing. Very disappointing. We would rather have gone to the Chick-Fil-A which was the only restaurant within walking distance, but closed on Sundays.
3. Never received my bill under my door. All hotels in the Marriott Chain do this, but the Spring Hill Suites Ashburn did not, making me have to stand in line to check out since two parties were in front of me and each had issues. Again, not a big thing, but an indication that this hotel doesn't stack up to others in the chain.
I did like the thermostat air conditioner which was quiet and worked very well keeping the room cool, but the poor breakfast and pool were a real downer in comparison to other hotels in the area. I have stayed at many around Dulles and most have a much better pool that you could actually swim, more accomodating breakfast. Any pool with water is much better than the Ashburn Spring Hill Suites pool.
Room was clean, but lacked ammenities other hotels in the chain have and you have to drive a distance to get to a restaurant other than Chick-Fil-A.
I rate this hotel as needs improvement and will stay at other area Marriott hotels in the Dulles area for my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North is situated along Route 7 between Leesburg and Tyson's Corner. Free breakfast buffet, wired/wireless Internet, and transportation to Dulles International Airport. Come and enjoy our SpringHill Suites hotel, where each guest suite is innovatively laid out, stylishly furnished and smartly designed to give you the flexibility you need to work efficiently and relax comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North Hotel Ashburn