“Great Bargain”

Aloft Dulles Airport North
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the Dulles Aloft before leaving for a seventeen day trip. It was absolutely just fine for the traveler. The architecture of the building itself is rather interesting with a lot of bright colors. It was different, but certainly not offensive. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. It was not a posh hotel with a gorgeous view, but offered a bargain for those flying out of Dulles. The Park and Fly package was for two weeks free parking with a one night stay at a cost of seventy some dollars. The cost of Economy parking at the airport is $10 per day. Although the package is presumably for only fourteen days, we were going to be gone more like eighteen days and that was a nonissue. A sensible choice!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also would agree that are 'park and fly" package is very attractive for guests who are traviling for extended periods.

Thank you for your business, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here because of our early flight the next morning. The staff was very nice and informative. We have stayed at other alofts and this one is just as good as the rest. Very modern rooms and quiet! The showers are awesome. We requested a wake up call but did not receive it. I am not sure what happened but. It was ok because we had a back up alarm. The shuttle was on time and great both to and from the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I picked this hotel because of its shuttle service from the airport, which was awesome!! I spent a night by myself and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the hotel. The next day, my husband joined me and we again had a good night's sleep. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful!! The modern look to the hotel is cool! The pool looked really refreshing but since it was so cold outside, I could not make myself put on a bathing suit. :) The lounge area has a bar and pool table. There is a little store inside the hotel, although right in front of the hotel is bigger convenient store. My only complaint was that we did not have soap or towels in our room, but I am sure if I had called down to the front desk, they would have been sent right up, so not having them was my fault.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your stay experience. We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forwward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I picked this hotel because of it's shuttle service to and from the airport, and was extremely happy with my decision. Upon arrival the front desk attendant clearly explained the amenities provided at the hotel, as well as how to use the shuttle service (as I am a younger girl and not used to traveling alone). I was informed the room I had originally booked wasn't ready, so I was upgraded to an even nicer one (very much appreciated that!). The room was comfortable and the beds were nice. Very nice bathroom area, as well. The shuttle service provided by Aloft could not have been better and would probably be the main reason I would come back, as the staff pleasantly provided my ride to and from the airport even in Virginia's testy weather conditions. I will definitely use Aloft again in the future!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank R C
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your business and for sharing your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our great customer service. We are looking for towards welcoming you back soon.

Ralph

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome for real. You have to visit to see. They have a lounge area with a bar, the have live bands, great drinks, great food and its just the kind of atmosphere your looking for on a friday or saturday night. Its really a grown and sexy hotel. Love the staff as well. They are amazingly nice EVERYTIME I go. Especially Miriam. Shes one of the front desk ladies and shes very polite and informative. I reccomend everyine to try this hotel out and if u dont live in the area, make plans to go. This place is def the place to go when ur looking to have a fun night out. Oh and tgey have a pool table..lol. I hope that the whole world

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would agree our hotel is a great place to stay, and our team including Maryam strives daily to exceed our guest expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Aloha,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Be careful when booking this hotel!

Several weeks after booking two rooms and prior to my stay at this hotel, unauthorized charges were made on my credit card by the hotel. I cancelled my reservations and received confirmations of the cancellation. I confirmed with Starwood (the parent company) that the charges should not have been made in the first place and that I would promptly receive a refund.

No refund was issued by the hotel despite repeated requests from me and from Starwood. Both Starwood and I left messages for the manager. He did not respond to our calls (and I confirmed that he received the messages). Despite repeated promises that the manager (Ralph Shorter) would call and would refund my money he did not.

After many weeks of trying to resolve this amicably, I have escalated this matter with the credit card company. BOOK THIS HOTEL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MasDespacioPorFavor

I'm so sorry to hear of this concern. Our team and myself are committed to exceeding our guest and clients expectations. I will contact you directly to resolve this concern.

Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We hope that you will stay during your next plan visit to the Dulles area.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this review by saying I did not research this brand of hotel before making a reservation.

All employees in this hotel were very friendly, service was very good.

The hotel room itself seems a little retro/futuristic. I did like the fact that there was an interface for plugging in peripherals to the television, remember to bring an HDMI cable with you though for any devices.

The closet space was a little small, and was covered by a thick drape, no place to really put anything away. The beds are platform style, meaning no box springs and the bed sits lower. If you prefer a higher bed, this isn't ideal.

On the Wed night that we stayed over, the bar was out of 2 brands of popular alcohol, which I had never encountered before, given that the selection was rather large overall.

All in all, I would try this brand and hotel again, just make sure this is what you are looking for.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you again for your business, and for sharing your stay experience. While different for you, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and willing to stay again. On that note, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Aloha,

Ralph Shorter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!