“NOISY”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, DC
“NOISY”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Walls are paper thin. One can hear--ALL bodily functions through the walls. I don't know if manager can find you a less connected room--if so ask for it.

I did like the modern architecture and actually found beds comfortable--if only I had been able to sleep from inter-room noise. Rooms, however are not particularly clean and show effects of a high-traffic hotel hotel.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear of your stay experience. We strive to not only meet our guest expectations, but with exceeding them.

We want to welcome you back, and will assure that your room is located in our recluse location. We are improving everyday, and we are committed to making your future stay delightful.

Ralph Shorter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2013

After reading the reviews, I'm surprised about what I read. This place was really comfortable. It's about a 15-20 minute drive away from Dulles Airport, and there isn't anything near the hotel. I ended up eating at the hotel, and the food was really good.

Customer service was amazing. Every time I walked by the front desk, the guy greeted me by my name. And when I was ordering food at the bar, they were very friendly. The shuttle from the airport was comfortable, and I was offered a bottle of water that was nice.

The rooms are standard for Aloft hotels, so it was what I expected.

Aside from the location, which I don't like, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted you choose to stay with us and enjoyed our great customer service. We would agree that we have a nice hotel, that offers a comfortable night's sleep, update, clean and with exceptiona food and beverage services.

Thank you once again for your business and feedback, we are looking forward towards welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The room I was in had a pest problem that I discovered upon my checkout. When I notified the front desk they didn't seem particularly worried, as though this were a common occurrence. The rooms are sparse and the bed was quite firm and not comfortable. The pool was a nice distraction although keeping it stocked with towels is apparently not a priority. The general decor of the hotel's interior is very worn from use and you can tell that not much care is given to upkeep. The front desk was generally helpful however and the hot breakfast was a nice surprise with several good options. Free parking is a nice benefit and close to the toll road nearby. Not much in the nearby area, although there are several restaurants a ten minute drive from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback. Please accept my apologies for the many inconveniences of your stay. This is not a true reflection of our Aloft team and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We strive to exceed each guest expectations. I have shared your concerns with our Talent leaders.

We would love to welcoming you back, so that we can deliver the experience you and our team are accustom to.

Best regards
Ralph Shorter

Travelers are raving about these Ashburn hotels

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very hard to find according to hotel website 10minutes from Dulles Airport not true. It took us almost 30min ride plus waited for the hotel shuttle for at least 40 minutes. WHAT A NIGHTMARE EXPIRIENCE !!! The lobby is modern with cheap style furnitures totally different from other hotel and not even close to W hotel. We waited 10 minutes at the desk before someone show up to check us in from smoke break. The hallway on the 5th floor is dirty and the elevator needs to be mop some air fresher. Our room was decent size but no bathroom door and the mirror is broken, we have a king bed with 2 very small pillow no extra in the room. Missing bath towels had to call for one and it took 1hour for them to deliver 2 bath towels. There was a big stain on the carpet by the bed gross. The hotel is a dump! Management doesn't care about the condition and cleanliness of this place.

Room Tip: The hotel is dirty
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jon H
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us. It is disappointing to hear of your unsatisfactory stay experience. Please accept my sincere apologies, I will address your concerns with our team leaders and talent members.

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at an aloft before and don't remember being as disappointed as I was at this one. The beds are extremely uncomfortable, the walls are paper thin (I could hear my neighbor going to the bathroom and every conversation ever held), also the floors above you can hear loud noises too, the bathroom has no lighting, we needed extra towels and had to wait half an hour for them, there are no extra pillows or blankets, and the pillows we did have were awful. It is definitely pretty to look at and looks fancy, but you quickly realize it's all show. The lobby is pretty and fun to hang out in, but the bar staff was rude and kept trying to close the bar early. Not to mention what hotel bar doesn't open until 5:00 on the weekends? Every time we talked to the front desk they were never friendly or customer focused. The cleaning staff was "cleaning" the room across from us with the door open and the woman kept trying to call her friends or
family on the speakerphone in the room which we could hear in ours clear as day. Our room received service but wasn't cleaned. Just towels replenished and bed made but floors were left dirty. Not impressed at all.

Room Tip: double bed rooms are bigger in size and have more vanity counter space than a king bed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I am sorry to hear that our team did not deliver an exceptional stay experience. We strive to exceed our guest and clients expectation and are becomeing better daily. Your concerns will be address with our team.

Thank you once again for staying with us. We would love to have you visit us again, as we are committed to ensuring that your future stays are delightful.

Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The rates were reasonable. The rooms were new, modern and very comfortable. They give you 2 weeks free parking and a free 24 hour shuttle to/from the airport. Not much close around to walk to eat but the food at their bar was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward towards welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Came out in August 2013 from the west coast to help move my son and stayed a couple nights here. I found the decor was modern and the rooms clean. The front desk help was friendly and Tyrell making the breakfast sandwiches was terrific. He was friendly and personable. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing you r valuable feedback. i would agree that our hotel is "nice, hip, friendly and clean. I am glad to hear that Tyrell was exceptional, he and our entire team strive to exceed our guest expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ralph Shorter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!