Aloft Dulles Airport North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspool tablea gas station convenience storedulles airportlounge areamodern hotelcoffee makerindoor poolfree shuttleminute drivedc areahippetslayoutreston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

One of the few good hotels that I have in US, the look and the feel of hotel is very youthful and energetic. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the washrooms are clean with a good shower room. Its near the Dulles airport and the onlything which us not good is that you have to pay quite a few tolls to rwach the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Aloft Dulles hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and would agree we offer a clean, "hip hop" style stay experience.

We are looking forward towards welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Husband does overnight work in Ashburn every couple weeks and we stayed here for 2-night stays in July & again in August. Considering we've been here more than once, it's easier to let the feelings of "woohoo modern art & cool vibes" go and notice some of the actual relevant details and issues to the stay. Let's cover the bad, then the good, for just our August stay...

Cons:
- We left the breakfast order form on the door by 11pm and at 8am, we called to find out they never picked it up or prepared our sandwiches/coffee. That's poor customer service. We got breakfast elsewhere.
- Even if the sandwiches were done, we still would have had to get them in the lobby... NO room service.
- Noise apparent between rooms. Noise from band/DJ playing on Friday night - told it would stop at 10pm by front desk. It ended around 10:30. Noise from other rooms' AC units. This wasn't us, BUT, if you're coming from a really long layover, you might want to stay somewhere quieter. I'd be seriously annoyed if I got to a hotel with a band/DJ so loud that you could hear it through the walls 5 floors up still and you wanted to rest after flight-related issues.
- Filthy floor in bathroom upon arrival - white stains on floor and ledge, crust around shower, piece of string on bathroom floor, hair on bathroom floor.
-Bed sheets on sideways, not tucked in totally. Yellow stain and hair on one pillow (we brought our own, thank goodness!) Makes you wonder if they changed the sheets.
-Obvious wear to walls & carpeting - scuff marks, stains, bits missing.
-Extremely slow Wifi on the fifth floor
-White stain on the wood frame of the "sunflower" art above the bed (but..gravity doesn't go that direction???)
-Cracked wall above the bed on two sides, looks like it may be from the bolts used.
-Ice only available in the lobby
-Handprints/streaks on glass "window" of shower between bedroom area and shower. Yuuck.
-The pool area is very visible to bar guests and also tiny.

Pros:
-As a severe asthmatic, I can overlook ALL of the above since I can breathe fine here. I have a lot of issues when staying at hotels and none here. The air filters, cleaning products, or whatever utilized to keep rooms "clean" must be working on the air at least, because there has been NO odor in either room we've been in. There is no mildew, mustiness, or odor whatsoever. Maybe it's because not many products have been used. Whatever. I can breathe so it's OK.
-Good night's sleep, probably since I can breathe.
-There's fast Wifi in the Lobby.
-Pet friendly - I didn't bring my dog, but if our trip was more conducive to having her with us, I would. I think it's free or a minimal extra charge added. Plenty of room in guest rooms for a crate, too, if that's your dog's preferred bed.
-Reasonable price for what you get

Room Tip: Get dinner or bring food with you..limited selection in the lobby. A Wegmans is about 5 minutes away from the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Clbrtwewill
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you choosing to stay with us again and for sharing your comments. We would agree that we offer a modern eclectic experience and are a pet friendly hotel. I'm sorry to hear of the challenges with our Live performances that usually take place every Friday and with our Housekeeping cleanliness. We are addressing these concerns and would love to welcome you back soon, so you can experience the difference.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Aloft on our way to San Francisco, via Dulles Airport. We needed a place where we could leave the car for a week and being from out of town, we couldn't just drive to the airport and use the park and fly there. The hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Nice room, although not huge, which didn't bother us given we were only there for one night. The bed was comfortable and the shower was huge. Staff were pleasant and very easy to deal with. The hotel is lovely with a retro new look -- if that makes any sense. There is a nice area out back to sit and have a drink. The hotel is far from DC, so probably not a good choice if you are visiting DC, but really nice for park and fly. Our car was exactly where we left it when we came back a week later. There were no issues. Shuttle was on time in the morning for our flight out and pick up at the airport on our return was a breeze. This hotel is a bit more expensive than others, but the amenities and peace of mind when leaving your vehicle for a week are well worth the extra cost. The only downside to the hotel is that it is far from restaurants and from DC. However, I highly recommend it for a short stay when flying out of Dulles.

Room Tip: Breakfast is serve yourself and expensive. Best to plan ahead and bring something to eat if leaving very early in the morning as we were.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments we are please that you enjoyed your stay with us and the special "Park and Fly" rate plan. Our hotel has proven to be very convenient for traveling and we would agree that 24-hour shuttle services is an added amenity that we exclusively offer at the Aloft Dulles. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Well, I did not know what to expect; first time ever staying at an A-Loft but then again, it was only $79 so you get what you pay for. The bed was hard as a rock and the bedding was cheap. The towels were small and cheap and their were no extra ameneties like shower cap, mouthwash, extra soap, etc. Actually, the room was dusty and the floor was dirty; it could have used a good, thorough cleaning. I suppose the fact that I consider myself a hotel "snob" does not help. I like a good bed and clean room. The A-Loft is a different experience . . . if you want something easy and cheap, this is the place for you. If you like service, amenities, a comfortable, clean and luxurious night of sleep, this is not the place! I was not impressed with the "modern" decor . . . and the hallway smelled.
Enough said.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. While I understand that the Aloft offers a very unique experience to our guest and clients, I apologies for the challenges you received with our service. We are striving everyday to get better and thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you have an early flight from Dulles and are away for more than a week, this hotel is excellent. It has a 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport (you have to call from the airport but that's not a big problem) and the ride takes about 10 minutes. Dulles charges $10 a day for parking in Economy, so you can do the arithmetic. The hotel itself is modern, a bit self-consciously hip, the bedrooms are large, the bathrooms are clean, and our 3:30 a.m. wake-up call was right on time. We had no problems with noise. The front desk staff were friendly and check-in efficient. We did not eat at the hotel, which has the standard Aloft food bar that is open 24/7. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are glad to hear our staff was friendly, effecient and you enjoyed your stay with us. We woud agree that the 'Park and Fly' rate plan offers great benefits and a convenient 24-hour shuttle ride to the Airport.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,