“Exemplary hotel at great price”

Aloft Dulles Airport North
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Aloft Dulles Airport Northexudes an air or modern architecture and furnishings and providing a slew of amenities. The lobby area is comfortable and unique, in the style of a boutique hotel. They have a restaurant, bar and seating area, on the first floor. Although I did not use the swimming pool or fitness center, they both looked nice. There is plenty of parking, around the hotel. The one staff person I interacted with, during check-in, was friendly and explained all of the hotel's amenities.

The room is very nice with modern decor. Bath amenities (shower is wonderful) are a welcome change from your normal hotel bathrooms. The bed was comfortable and pillows were just right. As some others have mentioned, improvements in cleaning by housekeeping would be welcome (I found some old bottles in the trash cans).

The one area of concern is the lack of restaurants, in the area. The hotel is situated in a rapidly developing area of Ashburn, Virginia. So, over the next couple of years, this area is bound to get more eating establishments. However, for now, you will have to drive to the nearest eateries or use the on-premise restaurant.

Overall, a wonderful stay. I will return to this hotel, for the right price - I got a good rate through priceline.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We appreciate the great feedback and good recommendations!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. Also, we have quite a few restaurants nearby the hotel which are within a few miles from the hotel.I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.
If I can assist with anything before or during your next visit, kindly give me a call.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Seriously, we do. Both my partner and I have business in Ashburn 5 days a week now and commute in from WV on the Harrisonburg side which is 2.5 hours each way. This hip, stylist hotel offered a great corporate rate and has everything you could hope for. Great caring staff, restaurant, self serve coffee and food, bar, gym, pool, cool rooms with amazing showers. I will say it does need a facelift in the carpeting and window blinds.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thanks for the amazing rating!!! On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

During your next visit with us, please stop by our Aloha desk and ask for me as I would love to meet the both of you!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Out of all the alofts that I've stayed at, this one is excellent. Always a friendly hello at the front desk and fresh cold orange water. Room was excellent and I'm actually a big fan of Bliss spas so the amenities are a nice touch.

Bed was extremely comfortable, parking was quite ample and I didn't hear any noise.

Thank you aloft Dulles Airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

We love you amazing feedback and will keep making sure that we will up to your expectations!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed one night at the Aloft Dulles in February as I had a very early flight out of Dulles. I was gone for 13 days and staying at the Aloft the night before my flight. The free parking while I was away and airport shuttle benefits were more cost-effective and convenient than me trying to drive from home in the wee hours of the morning to the Dulles economy lot. The walls were a bit thin but the room was comfortable and the staff were very nice. A restaurant would have been nice, but since I left at 5am I probably would have missed breakfast anyway. I recommend Aloft for anyone flying early out of Dulles and will use them again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest

You are very important to us!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I think I have found a new favorite chain of hotels. When you walk in, the lobby is filled with comfy chairs, chic pillows, a pool table, tv's, etc. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful and they really seem to enjoy their job...which is refreshing for a hotel. Everything is modern and up-to-date. I could not believe the low price for such a quality hotel. They are also pet friendly and do not charge extra for your furry friend to stay with you. It is conveniently located to the airport and they offer a free shuttle. I definitely recommend this hotel and plan on seeking out other locations when I travel. Thanks for the wonderful service Aloft!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea R
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

I would like to " Thank you" for the wonderful feedback and also great recommendation! I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed the look and feel of our Aloft and that its your second visit back to us! We are excited to to know that you will be staying Aloft moving forward!

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great service, but the walls are so paper thin it's almost unreal. I could hear the whole conversation next to us! However, they guy at the front desk was super nice and was able to just move us to a different room.

• Stayed: March 2013

We "Thank you" for your feedback and apologize for the noise that your encountered during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that my team took great care of you during your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for staying Aloft!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed : Mar 1-3, 2013 - Friday to Sunday

The Good: Staff is friendly. Location is great for airport run in the early AM. Bar area was hopping on the weekend we were there with live music.

The So-So: As with all Aloft's the decor is modern and will either fit your tastes or won't. It is better than the Aloft in Overland Park, Kansas for sure. Movies are EXPENSIVE as others have mentioned.

The Bad: Air Conditioner/Heater in room 304 is L-O-U-D!! I guess we a re pretty light sleepers, but this thing kicks in with a huge THUD when it turns on. Very bad for a good night's sleep. I have had the same issue with the Overland Park Aloft, so I have to assume it is the type of AC/Heater they choose to install. Also, there are two gas stations right in front of the hotel with the normal door slam voice, etc. Also at 4am on Saturday, the trash truck came and picked up and DROPPED off the new dumpster. Nice! :-(

Better Options: Westin in Reston. It has all of the same amenities, PLUS has a restaurant (awesome but expensive), and is $99 v. $72 on the weekends. They have free parking and a free shuttle to the airport as well. About the same distance as the Aloft from the airport and you get all the Starwood benefits. If you can spare the difference in the room rate, TRUST ME, you are better off.

I have to give up on Aloft unless I have no other Starwood options. The overall value for the money is decent, but you can usually do MUCH better all around.

Room Tip: Get a room facing AWAY from the Gas Stations
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your valuable feedback and for staying with us during your trip to the Dulles Market. I would like to take the time to simply apologize for the AC noise issue and will inform our engineering team on this matter. I am sorry to hear that that Aloft does not meet your needs, however if your ever return to the area, please reach out to me and I will make certain that you have a good nights rest!

Yours truly,

Luis Kuglitsch

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!