“Modern”

Aloft Dulles Airport North
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I think I have found a new favorite chain of hotels. When you walk in, the lobby is filled with comfy chairs, chic pillows, a pool table, tv's, etc. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful and they really seem to enjoy their job...which is refreshing for a hotel. Everything is modern and up-to-date. I could not believe the low price for such a quality hotel. They are also pet friendly and do not charge extra for your furry friend to stay with you. It is conveniently located to the airport and they offer a free shuttle. I definitely recommend this hotel and plan on seeking out other locations when I travel. Thanks for the wonderful service Aloft!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea R
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

I would like to " Thank you" for the wonderful feedback and also great recommendation! I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed the look and feel of our Aloft and that its your second visit back to us! We are excited to to know that you will be staying Aloft moving forward!

We hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Dulles Airport North

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great service, but the walls are so paper thin it's almost unreal. I could hear the whole conversation next to us! However, they guy at the front desk was super nice and was able to just move us to a different room.

• Stayed: March 2013

We "Thank you" for your feedback and apologize for the noise that your encountered during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that my team took great care of you during your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for staying Aloft!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed : Mar 1-3, 2013 - Friday to Sunday

The Good: Staff is friendly. Location is great for airport run in the early AM. Bar area was hopping on the weekend we were there with live music.

The So-So: As with all Aloft's the decor is modern and will either fit your tastes or won't. It is better than the Aloft in Overland Park, Kansas for sure. Movies are EXPENSIVE as others have mentioned.

The Bad: Air Conditioner/Heater in room 304 is L-O-U-D!! I guess we a re pretty light sleepers, but this thing kicks in with a huge THUD when it turns on. Very bad for a good night's sleep. I have had the same issue with the Overland Park Aloft, so I have to assume it is the type of AC/Heater they choose to install. Also, there are two gas stations right in front of the hotel with the normal door slam voice, etc. Also at 4am on Saturday, the trash truck came and picked up and DROPPED off the new dumpster. Nice! :-(

Better Options: Westin in Reston. It has all of the same amenities, PLUS has a restaurant (awesome but expensive), and is $99 v. $72 on the weekends. They have free parking and a free shuttle to the airport as well. About the same distance as the Aloft from the airport and you get all the Starwood benefits. If you can spare the difference in the room rate, TRUST ME, you are better off.

I have to give up on Aloft unless I have no other Starwood options. The overall value for the money is decent, but you can usually do MUCH better all around.

Room Tip: Get a room facing AWAY from the Gas Stations
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your valuable feedback and for staying with us during your trip to the Dulles Market. I would like to take the time to simply apologize for the AC noise issue and will inform our engineering team on this matter. I am sorry to hear that that Aloft does not meet your needs, however if your ever return to the area, please reach out to me and I will make certain that you have a good nights rest!

Yours truly,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My friend and i took advantage of Aloft's stay/park/fly deal. For $115 we spent the night prior to our morning flight and parked for 7 additional nights. The hotel is clean with modern decor. There is an indoor pool, free wi-fi & computers with printer in the lobby, and there's a bar & restraunt on the premises. The hotel provides 24hr shuttle service to and from the airport. All the staff were freindly and helpful. I would definitely take advantage of this stay/park/fly deal in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank oriahlee
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback and great recommendation for Park & Fly! I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our great park and fly specials and that it met your needs. I hope that our team took great care of your needs during your short stay with us. We hope to see you again really soon!

Thank you for staying, Aloft!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Cool place, modern room but all movies were pay per view. Bring you own hdmi or rca cable to watch from your computer because there is an easy plug in point. Comfy bed and we enjoyed our single sunday night here. Shuttle to airport was right on time, only took 10-15mins.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We greatly appreciate your kind feedback and really enjoyed having you stay with us! We thank you for recommending our Aloft hotel. We hope to see you come back soon!

Thanks for staying, Aloft!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

As I checked in the girl at front desk was extremely nice. Lobby is very modern and hip. They offered me a complimentary breakfast! Parking is free. They have an indoor pool and nice gym! Would 100% go back and stay there!

• Stayed: February 2013

We want to "Thank you" for your wonderful feedback and recommendation! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that our talent was helpful. We look forward to your next visit and once again we appreciate your feedback.

Come back soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Delayed departure from Boston, missed my flight to Copenhagen. Next flight was 24H later so needed a overnight stay. Very modern hotel with a lot of plugins at the room for electronic. Lounge and bar with bar meals. For breakfast I recommend to go to next door hotel. They have excellent shuttle service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

We "Thank" and appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team. We hope to see you come back soon!

Luis Kuglitsch

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!