“Great stay/park/fly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
charlottesville
“Great stay/park/fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My friend and i took advantage of Aloft's stay/park/fly deal. For $115 we spent the night prior to our morning flight and parked for 7 additional nights. The hotel is clean with modern decor. There is an indoor pool, free wi-fi & computers with printer in the lobby, and there's a bar & restraunt on the premises. The hotel provides 24hr shuttle service to and from the airport. All the staff were freindly and helpful. I would definitely take advantage of this stay/park/fly deal in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank oriahlee
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback and great recommendation for Park & Fly! I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our great park and fly specials and that it met your needs. I hope that our team took great care of your needs during your short stay with us. We hope to see you again really soon!

Thank you for staying, Aloft!

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Cool place, modern room but all movies were pay per view. Bring you own hdmi or rca cable to watch from your computer because there is an easy plug in point. Comfy bed and we enjoyed our single sunday night here. Shuttle to airport was right on time, only took 10-15mins.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We greatly appreciate your kind feedback and really enjoyed having you stay with us! We thank you for recommending our Aloft hotel. We hope to see you come back soon!

Thanks for staying, Aloft!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As I checked in the girl at front desk was extremely nice. Lobby is very modern and hip. They offered me a complimentary breakfast! Parking is free. They have an indoor pool and nice gym! Would 100% go back and stay there!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
We want to "Thank you" for your wonderful feedback and recommendation! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that our talent was helpful. We look forward to your next visit and once again we appreciate your feedback.

Come back soon!

Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Delayed departure from Boston, missed my flight to Copenhagen. Next flight was 24H later so needed a overnight stay. Very modern hotel with a lot of plugins at the room for electronic. Lounge and bar with bar meals. For breakfast I recommend to go to next door hotel. They have excellent shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We "Thank" and appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team. We hope to see you come back soon!

West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We discovered Aloft Dulles searching for a "park and fly" hotel near Dulles where we could leave our car for a week. Good price, good location for us, since we head north up the Dulles Greenway toward Leesburg. It's a fun place - very modern decor - and perfect for a place to crash the night before an early flight. But for a longer stay? I'm not so sure.

On the plus side, the staff - both hotel staff and airport shuttlebus drivers - couldn't be friendlier or more helpful, and everything is clean, bright, and new. We stayed the night before our flight, arriving a bit early, before the lobby bar/restaurant opened. No restaurants visible in the area (not much but a bank, a gas station, a Hilton Garden Inn, and what looked like huge apartment complexes just down the road. We thought the location rather isolated compared to other "park & fly" hotels. Rather than mount another expedition in search of food, we tried the snack area next to the desk. It was convenient - and our chicken caesar salads, if packaged like similar food from airport stands, were fresh and quite good.

Furnishings are basic - a safe, coffee maker, and refrigerator, but no microwave. A small closet with plenty of shelves, but no drawers anywhere. Seating is at a desk in a corner opposite the foot of the bed, with a similar desk, but no chair, in the opposite corner and a padded bench stretching between them, under the wall-mounted TV. This means watching TV is awkward, except from the bed. Still, the contemporary decor is fun, and we were very happy with the room for a night's stay - even if the sliding door separating the shower and commode from the washstand area had a mind of its own and refused to stay closed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Aloha,

We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team. We hope that you come back soon!

Thank you for staying, ALOFT!

nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We Love it here. This is the Second time we stayed here when visiting Reston area. Very out of the box and smart. Would be better if bfast were included. The staff is very friendly and helped us find a local day spa. The valet approach to the closet area is something cruise ships should look at. The vessel sink and very big shower all feel modern and well thought out. Body wash and shampoo dispensers. Hair dryer. Iron. In room safe. Check out the floor in the elevator! Did not have a chance to use fitness center or pool-pack your bathing suit. Comfortable. Clean. There is Plenty of parking. It is Well located. It is Fun. We Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for stay ALOFT!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The guy at the front desk was really nice and that set a good tone right from the beginning.

I love modern and contemporary styling, and I wish more hotels were like this.

My room was fairly large with 2 queen beds. Flat screen TV. You can tell they used an interior designer here to choose the color palette. Everything went together so well.

They have a free shuttle to the airport shared with the Hilton that's next door. I called the hotel when I arrived at Dulles and they said they would send out the shuttle. Some other people were already waiting for it at the bus area & they said they had been waiting for a while, so it didn't take too long to pick me up. I was surprised that they offer a shuttle, considering how far away the hotel is from the airport. It was about midnight and it took about 20 minutes to get there with no traffic.

The only negatives I would mention about my room... The place is showing its age a bit... the wallpaper has been scratched up, for example. The room just didn't smell really fresh. I pinpointed the problem to the tubular pillows that are on each bed. They are about 2-3 feet long and are permanently upholstered, so you can't just pull the cover off & wash them. They smelled like body oil (perhaps people have laid on them & over time, they start to smell like body oil). They need to find some way to wash those pillows. Other than that, I liked the room a lot.

When I'm back in the area, I will want to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
We "Thank you" for your valuable feedback and great recommendation! I am pleased to hear that our front desk agent had set a nice tone for your stay and will commend the team on this. I will share your housekeeping comments with our housekeeping Director. Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks for staying, ALOFT.

Luis Kuglitsch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!