“Nice, New, and perfect for a business trip”

Aloft Dulles Airport North
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I admit I was impressed with the aloft hotel. You get used to the cookie cutter approach to business sytle hotels and this place is a breath of fresh air. Everything was nice - we did arrive late though and there was a wait for the 1 person on staff to check the people I was traveling with in, but I used the kiosk in the lobby which was self service and worked great. It's just a really different experince here. You walk in and there is a round reception desk and a kiosk for check in, questions, or purchases from the small store area. There also is a large bar/lounge area in the lobby. Everything is well decorated and has a very modern feel. The room was great. I had a king bed in a room with a desk and a large flat screen tv all they other usual things included but with a modern twist. The bathroom did stand out as extra special with a large steam shower with a glass door and a vanity with a bowl sink on it. The bathroom area was very cool and relaxing. There was plenty of parking. There was a pool I didn't use or check out. There probably was much more to offer but I was just there for one night and the lobby/lounge and room were really all I got to experience. The other good think is there is a gas station and mini mart right infront of the hotel so you can buy pretty much anything you need and it is within walking distance. It was also located close to major roads so we got there and left with ease. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The room with the king size bed was great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Dulles Airport North

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I was there for both business & pleasure. I had my dog with me, and they gave her a separate doggie gift basket & bed, which I thought was really nice. The location is about 10min from Dulles airport and walking distance to a gas station/convenience store. The room decor was very modern & sleek. I only didn't like how crowded/loud the bar would get at night. Since I had the dog we were stuck on the 1st floor near the bar, so I'd just recommend a room on another level and it's an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really enjoyed the stylish look. The rooms are small but comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful . Antionne checked me in and he was very nice. Hubby and I drove in from Richmond for a weekend getaway. I liked the fact that it is not the hustle and bustle of DC but only a thirty minute drive from D.C. They also have an indoor pool and the exercise room is the best Ive seen out of all the plaaces we have stayed the equipment is up to date . The only thing I would change is the mattress not as much to my taste. (just OK). I would still stay again when i want to visit D.C.

Room Tip: The hotel is kind of isolated it is walking distance to a circle K gas station but thats about it. A...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. I will praise Antuane for the level of service provided to you. Please come back soon and see us.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for one night before moving out of Virginia departing from IAD. Free parking and internet, and rooms are nice modern standard Aloft you'd find at any hotel of this brand. We were staying in two rooms on points as an SPG gold member (great deal as a cat 2 for 3000-4000 points/night when most IAD hotels Re Cat 4). Aloft are supposed to be very pet friendly though staff didn't seem to know the standard pet package which as advertised on the SPG website includes a pet bed, water/food dishes, treats, etc. They provided a bed which was okay and there was a dog dish outside the main entrance with water. Also ample open grassy areas to walk your pet which was nice. Only downside was that since we had our so could only stay on the first floor and were assigned the room immediately adjacent to the lobby which like the mini-W hotel this is was a party for a while into the evening and quite noisy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes with our Arf package and will retrain the team in this area.

We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you???ll give us another try!

General Manager, Aloft Dulles

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really enjoted the stylish rooms and they were very clean. Staff was kind and courteous by helping me find some things to do in the area. Location is not a prime area so I didnt enjoy much because i didnt want to drive into dc. Very nice place to get away and just cuddle/relax in the room. Hotel has a pretty night life scenery. For the price and quality no need to complain :) Next stop will be Aloft in the heart of dc

Room Tip: King room was Great. Bed very comfy
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just wonder how they keep people coming back, ..the pool table in the lobby was cool but the rooms feel like college dorms. There are no closets, single rooms are small and everything is minimalist, ..so they are into saving money? no, they are into "nickel and diming" the customer (at least in my opinion). The things that are normally complimentary such as spare razor or coffee the charge you for. After 7 days stay housekeeping missed cleaning the room four times and I had a unexplained charge on my bill from the bar. I'm usually pretty forgiving however this place was not up to a 3-star standard as claimed by some re-marketing firms.

Room Tip: Try to at least get up to the 5th floor and avoid staying directly above the bar in case they have a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank IHG_Fan

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at the aloft several nights a month, but they have made me feel welcome since my first stay. The staff is very friendly and the manager, Luis, always takes time to talk with me. The only complaints are the TV stations and housekeeping. There are very few stations and 6 of them are SPG promos. As far as housekeeping, if I need anything, they always send me to the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

I greatly appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!