“Modern & clean”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Modern & clean”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I was there for both business & pleasure. I had my dog with me, and they gave her a separate doggie gift basket & bed, which I thought was really nice. The location is about 10min from Dulles airport and walking distance to a gas station/convenience store. The room decor was very modern & sleek. I only didn't like how crowded/loud the bar would get at night. Since I had the dog we were stuck on the 1st floor near the bar, so I'd just recommend a room on another level and it's an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really enjoyed the stylish look. The rooms are small but comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful . Antionne checked me in and he was very nice. Hubby and I drove in from Richmond for a weekend getaway. I liked the fact that it is not the hustle and bustle of DC but only a thirty minute drive from D.C. They also have an indoor pool and the exercise room is the best Ive seen out of all the plaaces we have stayed the equipment is up to date . The only thing I would change is the mattress not as much to my taste. (just OK). I would still stay again when i want to visit D.C.

Room Tip: The hotel is kind of isolated it is walking distance to a circle K gas station but thats about it. A...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. I will praise Antuane for the level of service provided to you. Please come back soon and see us.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for one night before moving out of Virginia departing from IAD. Free parking and internet, and rooms are nice modern standard Aloft you'd find at any hotel of this brand. We were staying in two rooms on points as an SPG gold member (great deal as a cat 2 for 3000-4000 points/night when most IAD hotels Re Cat 4). Aloft are supposed to be very pet friendly though staff didn't seem to know the standard pet package which as advertised on the SPG website includes a pet bed, water/food dishes, treats, etc. They provided a bed which was okay and there was a dog dish outside the main entrance with water. Also ample open grassy areas to walk your pet which was nice. Only downside was that since we had our so could only stay on the first floor and were assigned the room immediately adjacent to the lobby which like the mini-W hotel this is was a party for a while into the evening and quite noisy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes with our Arf package and will retrain the team in this area.

We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you???ll give us another try!

General Manager, Aloft Dulles
Pikesville, Maryland
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really enjoted the stylish rooms and they were very clean. Staff was kind and courteous by helping me find some things to do in the area. Location is not a prime area so I didnt enjoy much because i didnt want to drive into dc. Very nice place to get away and just cuddle/relax in the room. Hotel has a pretty night life scenery. For the price and quality no need to complain :) Next stop will be Aloft in the heart of dc

Room Tip: King room was Great. Bed very comfy
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just wonder how they keep people coming back, ..the pool table in the lobby was cool but the rooms feel like college dorms. There are no closets, single rooms are small and everything is minimalist, ..so they are into saving money? no, they are into "nickel and diming" the customer (at least in my opinion). The things that are normally complimentary such as spare razor or coffee the charge you for. After 7 days stay housekeeping missed cleaning the room four times and I had a unexplained charge on my bill from the bar. I'm usually pretty forgiving however this place was not up to a 3-star standard as claimed by some re-marketing firms.

Room Tip: Try to at least get up to the 5th floor and avoid staying directly above the bar in case they have a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank IHG_Fan
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Travelers are raving about these Ashburn hotels

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at the aloft several nights a month, but they have made me feel welcome since my first stay. The staff is very friendly and the manager, Luis, always takes time to talk with me. The only complaints are the TV stations and housekeeping. There are very few stations and 6 of them are SPG promos. As far as housekeeping, if I need anything, they always send me to the front desk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I greatly appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

New York
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Well this is your standard aloft but this one had to have the worst pillows ever.They were like little flat pancakes. The coffee maker didn't work and leaked water all over the place and the alarm was on and set for 1am. So all in all a nice, clean and close to airport hotel I could have used a better nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from (hotel brand).

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!