I bought a Groupon for Aloft Dulles Hotel mainly because the price was reasonable and the website made the hotel seem extremely cool and modern. Thankfully, the pictures were accurate. Our girls weekend was a blast and a lot of the is because of Aloft. Aloft was one of the best hotels I've stayed in for many reasons:
1. The staff was really friendly and helpful. From the time we walked in the front door until we left, they were welcoming, nice, and available.
2. Everything was beautiful! My friends and I spent about 10 minutes "oohing" and "ahhing" over everything in the lobby and then did the same thing up in our rooms. Everything was clean and neat and the pops of color all over really helped liven the place up.
3. We visited the xyz bar at night and recieved great service. Even though the solo bartender was extremely busy, she still gave us quality service from beginning to end. The appetizers that we ordered were well-priced and delicious and our drinks were well-made. They'll also deliver your food to your room if you request that.
4. Although we didn't use it, they did have a free shuttle service that not only got you to you the airport, but also any place within five miles.
5. The lobby was full of chairs in different areas, board games, a pool table and magazines. It was a nice place to hang out when you wanted to be out of your room. There were also seats outside on the patio where you could relax and take your drinks out there as well.
A few things that weren't our favorite:
The cleaning lady knocked on our door 2-3 times the morning of check-out to see if we had left already. After knocking, she tried to get into our room, but our latch was across. Since check-out wasn't until noon, we were surprised to see this happening at 8 and 9am.
The bathroom door is just a mirror wall that slides across. It doesn't create much privacy if you are in a group of people.
Overall though- we loved our stay and will definitely recommend to our friends! I hope to stay again sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and comfortable, the Aloft Dulles Airport North offers complimentary airport shuttle service to/from Washington Dulles International Airport and is located near the Dulles Technology Corridor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Aloft Dulles Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Ashburn