“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Ohio, United States
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you want clean, efficient and courteous staff the Dulles Garden Hilton is the place to stay. Checkin took 3 minutes and the rooms were clean and neat. We were very pleased with the experience. From the front desk to the restaurant the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your wedding guests. I am very pleased my staff took good care of you and you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I really hate rating a hotel in favorite chain so poor. The hotel is under going a lobby facelift which has nothing to do with the poor rating. I booked a mini suite, I settled down to cruise the internet and watch a little TV. The couch and chair were so uncomfortable that I could only stand it for 10 minutes. Knowing that they were doing some remodeling, I called down and asked if they had some newer rooms - no they are only reprinting some of the furniture - you mean they are actually keep this stuff?? Does anyone actually try to sit on the furniture they buy before making the decision? The bed had the poorly functioning air mattress. I came back from dinner, looking forward to new cookies that Garden Inns are now offering - no cookies, they stopped serving them a month ago. Should have stayed at the ALoft next door

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We are very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered and we thank you for your honest feedback. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is located relatively close to Washington Dulles airport (IAD)s. Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is friendly and efficient. Very quiet with fast internet access. I recommend it for business trips. There is a small restaurant on premises but I did not try it. Needs to have a car or taxi to get around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing. I am glad my team took good care of you during your stay. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Good value hotel well kept and friendly staff but a little far from airport and could be uncomfortable in winter time if you plan on using the free shuttle bus which even if dispatched immediately takes approximately 20 minutes to cover the distance between hotel and airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your stay in Ashburn. I am very pleased you chose to stayed with us. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
TALLAHASSEE, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is clean, convenient and has an excellent staff. the resturant and bar areas are nice. The pool is clean and well supplied with amenities plus the work-out room will fit your needs. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable beds. internet/wifi service is free to guests plus there is an small office with computer access if you need it. There is a small area with various snacks and personal items available at reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had to go to Herndon to fix up a rental that was turning over. We just needed it for two nights. We used our points since Mon-Thursday the price of these hotels near IAD and Reston/Herndon are pricey.
A side note: If you can included a weekend night the prices at Marriott are quite reasonable but Hilton reservation program does not do this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night after evening arrival at Dulles air port. Called hotel for shuttle pickup and it duly arrived about 20 mins later - just for me! Saved cab fare so a good start.

Check in was quick, given ground floor room with fridge and microwave. Smallish bathroom but good quality fittings and really strong hot shower. Free wifi was trouble free.

Snacks available for purchase as restaurant had closed at 10pm. The hotel is in a bit of a no-man's land - ie no nearby shops/ restaurants except a gas station next door.

Woken up about 4am by aircon unit underneath window on high speed fan. No controls on unit and nothing I did on wall thermostat settings would shut it down. After about 5 mins it stopped only to re-start about 20 mins later. This on off continued for about 1 and a half hours until room temp finally hit the pre set temp - much as I tried I could not adjust the temp setting.

Very annoying to say the least. There was also a big floodlight outside window which coupled with drapes that wouldn't close in the middle let in a bit too much light.

Breakfast the next morning was all you can eat for $11.95. Hot and cold plus fruit, yoghurt, toast etc. I didn't have much and was charged a minimal amount which was welcome.

Shuttle ran every half hour back to airport and driver kindly dropped me off at the car rental company I had booked a car with.

Shuttle alone saved a fair amount in taxi fares.

Hotel is clean, has good quality fittings, great shower!! staff friendly and efficient. Location is a bit remote but wasn't an issue for my circumstances. Given I got the room through Hotwire un-named hotels it was very good value.

Just a pity about the aircon.

Room Tip: Familiarise yourself with aircon controls before you go to sleep!