WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
TALLAHASSEE, United States
“WORTH THE STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is clean, convenient and has an excellent staff. the resturant and bar areas are nice. The pool is clean and well supplied with amenities plus the work-out room will fit your needs. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable beds. internet/wifi service is free to guests plus there is an small office with computer access if you need it. There is a small area with various snacks and personal items available at reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your wedding guests. I am very pleased my staff took good care of you and you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had to go to Herndon to fix up a rental that was turning over. We just needed it for two nights. We used our points since Mon-Thursday the price of these hotels near IAD and Reston/Herndon are pricey.
A side note: If you can included a weekend night the prices at Marriott are quite reasonable but Hilton reservation program does not do this.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your stay in Ashburn. I am very pleased you chose to stayed with us. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night after evening arrival at Dulles air port. Called hotel for shuttle pickup and it duly arrived about 20 mins later - just for me! Saved cab fare so a good start.

Check in was quick, given ground floor room with fridge and microwave. Smallish bathroom but good quality fittings and really strong hot shower. Free wifi was trouble free.

Snacks available for purchase as restaurant had closed at 10pm. The hotel is in a bit of a no-man's land - ie no nearby shops/ restaurants except a gas station next door.

Woken up about 4am by aircon unit underneath window on high speed fan. No controls on unit and nothing I did on wall thermostat settings would shut it down. After about 5 mins it stopped only to re-start about 20 mins later. This on off continued for about 1 and a half hours until room temp finally hit the pre set temp - much as I tried I could not adjust the temp setting.

Very annoying to say the least. There was also a big floodlight outside window which coupled with drapes that wouldn't close in the middle let in a bit too much light.

Breakfast the next morning was all you can eat for $11.95. Hot and cold plus fruit, yoghurt, toast etc. I didn't have much and was charged a minimal amount which was welcome.

Shuttle ran every half hour back to airport and driver kindly dropped me off at the car rental company I had booked a car with.

Shuttle alone saved a fair amount in taxi fares.

Hotel is clean, has good quality fittings, great shower!! staff friendly and efficient. Location is a bit remote but wasn't an issue for my circumstances. Given I got the room through Hotwire un-named hotels it was very good value.

Just a pity about the aircon.

Room Tip: Familiarise yourself with aircon controls before you go to sleep!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Wirtz, VA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good hotel. Very nice staff. They missed that I was a Hilton Honors member at check-in. They also missed that I had booked a bed and breakfast trip for my family and charged me for the breakfast. The shower door did not close completely, which caused the bathroom floor to flood. They seemed concern when we told them. Very nice staff. Pool is very small, but both pool and spa were clean and nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing. I am glad my team is taking good care of you during your stay.
I will speak with them on the breakfast miscommunication. I hope to see you again on your next visit.
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just a short drive from Dulles Airport and 30 minutes to downtown DC. Room was adequate size with desk area and comfortable bed. My only complaint is that the doors are not good at blocking out noise from the hallway and when someone walks by you can hear them talking. Thankfully that didn't happen late at night. Breakfast buffet had a great selection.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I booked this stay for a family wedding. The group rate they gave us was FABULOUS. The location is easily accessible right off the Greenway. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Security was good, as we were required to swipe our room card when entering the building through a back door from the parking area. Breakfast was decent. (There’s only so much you can do with bacon and eggs.) Overall it was a great value. Although I didn’t use these features, there was a pool, business center and shuttle to and from the airport. I would definitely stay in another Hilton Garden Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Jacksonville, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stay at this Hilton Garden on a regular basis to visit family in the DC area. We've always had excellent experience. The rooms are comfortable, the staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet is delicious, and the location close to Dulles is very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Aloft Dulles Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!