WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Oceanside, California
“The Quibble Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Firstly, we got a great deal at the Hilton Garden Inn through Hotwire - and at $63 a night we were pretty happy overall. Having said that, HGI Dulles North is more like $100 to $150 per night and my review reflects that basis.

Good: Super friendly staff, hotel with much more than just "rooms". Walk in the front door and there's the bar, restaurant, large comfortable seating area with fireplace; it's not dominated by a check-in desk and feels comfortable. Nice looking gym and pool, though I didn't use them. Free wi-fi, free wired Internet. Free airport shuttle.

Quibbles: No free breakfast - just coffee. Breakfast buffet is about $12 and for a family trying to travel on a budget, that's just too much money. Wi-fi - though free - you're forced to log in every day to get internet access; just annoying. Room lighting - we had 2 beds in the room, and there's only one lamp between the two beds. Try reading when you're the one in the dark corner away from the one lamp. Shower - tile looks cool but they need to keep it from looking dirty. It's probably just discolored, but all you can think is "that's not clean." Seating - my wife, daughter and I shared a room - one desk chair and one upholstered chair. When we brought back a snack for the room, at least one of us is sitting on the bed. "Green" laundering - we are so okay with not having new sheets and new towels every day. The staff made the beds each day, but despite us hanging up the towels to indicate we're okay with them, we received new towels every day. Just remove the card that tells me how you're helping save the environment.

In summary, we'd stay again - but I'd still whine!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pgcorky
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay. I am pleased to hear our staff was able to take care of you and that your room was clean and comfortable. Our cooked-to-order breakfast is a Hilton Garden Inn standard we are proud to offer and since each guest's breakfast is cooked and served fresh we are able to customize to each guests breakfast to suit their taste. Our breakfast does carry an additional price but we do offer a Bed and Breakfast Rate which will provide a discounted price for for breakfast by including it in your room rate. I will review our green policy with my housekeeping manager. I am glad your overall experience was a pleasant one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Germantown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The service was great and the location was perfect. The area is known for traffic and this location was perfectly situated to the office and airport. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Sophia J
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your recent stay in Ashburn and for taking the time to write this Trip Advisor review. I am so happy you enjoyed the stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Bountiful Breakfast and Beautiful rooms with bed I could adjust . Th room was spotless with all the comforts of home. Jacuzzi and Fitness Center were wonderful to use and they had headphones for free in the gym! I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Raflower
Thank you so much for the kind review. Comments like this really make my teams day! I will share this review with our housekeeping staff and food and beverage team. Please come back on your next visit.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was there with a tour bus, very helpful staff, there is a 24h gaz station beside with little market inside for quick food, very close from hwy, easy access. Good place to stay with the family, very close from the UDVAR-Hazy national air and space museum!!! Pool was very small but at least they have a jacuzzi tub. About 30 minutes away from Washington DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Supermariuzzo1973
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recommend The Hilton Garden Inn at Dulles. It is a great place to stay for business or pleasure, for families, couples or single. Food and rooms were very high quality. The pool and workout room were far enough off the lobby but close enough to the elevator. Well done.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank John M
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay! We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing. I am glad my team took good care of you during your stay. I look forward to seeing you again.
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My significant other and I arrived quite late (2AM) due to a delayed flight, but had a reservation. The front desk staff was less than helpful and honestly seemed annoyed that we were disturbing him. He informed us that he only had one room left- smoking, regardless of our reservation stating non-smoking. We asked for compensation for this and although he stated he was a manager, he indicated he could not help us with this and that we'd have to wait until morning to speak with the general manager. My significant other and I had a horrible night sleep as both of us are sensitive to cigarette smoke- the odor in the room was incredibly strong. We did speak with the general manager the next day and she offered us full compensation for the night. We definitely appreciated this and would consider staying at a Hilton Garden Inn again (we have had great experiences with their hotel chain in the past).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Beverly, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Staff and check-in was amazing. Our room was clean, spacious, and beautiful. Fitness Center was excellent. Business Center was perfect. Pool & Hot Tub was soo cold, and there was a dirty bandaid beside the hot tub. Other then that, everything was spectacular.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Nicole L
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. I will check the temperatures on the pool and spa. I look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Aloft Dulles Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!