Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstoll roadstayed one nightnice hotelshuttle driverfitness centerloudon countyfront desk staffshort drivebusiness travelplenty of parkinggas stationcomfortable stayexcellent staydc areabusiness centerfree shuttleclose to the airport
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is new and clean. We took advantage of the shuttle service to and from Dulles. We didn't rent a car, so we used the shuttle to get to the airport to hookup with public transportation. It's not the speediest way to go, but it worked for our schedule.

The front desk staff was terrific. We had an issue during our stay (fire alarm) and they made took care of us. The breakfast (~$10 per person) was good and it's great to have complimentary coffee in the lobby 24/7.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I am very sorry about the fire alarm going off during your stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although the front desk employees were very nice, the hygiene of the room, bathroom and other areas was very questionable.
I stayed twice, one night each, and would not recommend it. Pillows and beds were not very clean either.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our Hilton Garden Inn is ranked in the top percentile in cleanliness. I have not spoken to you about this situation and would like you to contact me personally so we can resolve this to your satisfisfaction.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was a fine experience for us. Our daughter was in for business - staying at this hotel - so we did too. The staff was helpful to us and friendly. Other people complaining must have had a bad attitude because the staff was super for us. Our room was clean and as expected. The breakfast was as expected. It was inauguration weekend so there were some inconveniences but that was not due to the hotel - it was due to the other guests. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I had the occasion to do so again. Best for Dulles airport rather than DC business. The only reason we rated this hotel a 4 rather than a 5 was because the bar closed a little earlier than we would have preferred.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you... we appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! I glad we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my team.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for business in the area- The room smelled bad and one set of pillows were smelly; the towels were old and ripped on the sides - when attempted to call the front desk the phones did not work so I had to go personally to the front desk to complain about - There was no soap or bath amenities left in the room the second day, additionally, even though there was a coffee maker no regular coffee was provided, and "NO" folder or binder containing room service menu or services offered by the hotel in the room; not even a phone directory for me to call on my cell phone. A few minutes later the telephone was fixed by a nice technician and someone with it seems upset did not said a word just handed some bathroom amenities, coffee, and a binder that seems to have some information (only the dinner menu) I called room service for dinner and even the menu had the wrong food, was old etc. I am disgusted with this hotel - I do not recommend this hotel to anyone and I will say that is NO 3 Star Hotel as advertised.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - this place is a Dump!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

I am very sorry about your recent expereince with us. Our phones were being worked on for about an hour on Monday. I have not spoken to you about this situation and would like you to contact me personally so we can resolve this to your satisfisfaction.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My soccer team recently stayed here for a tournament. What a mistake. From the minute I began dealing with the staff, whether sales, managers, desk, waitstaff, it was a negative experience. First, the hotel refused to change some of our rooms to smaller (less expensive) rooms claiming these were not available despite being listed as available on the Hilton website. I was assurer breakfast would begin at 6:00AM (vital, as we needed to leave for our game at 6:30) and then told that actually it would begin at 7:00AM which was useless to us. Then, to top it off, NONE of the requested wake up calls were made on Sunday morning -- the staff was apologetic and blamed the time change (as if that took them by surprise) At no time did anyone offer a complimentary drink, meal, room, etc., to make up for the horrendous service. There's plenty of hotels in the Dulles Airport vicinity, so avoid this one unless you enjoy terrible service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeremy J

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Your soccer group blocked rooms with us at a contracted rate to receive two queen beds in each room. We did have a few king bedded rooms at the advance purchase non-refundable rate online. Once you book this rate you are charged immediately and are unable to cancel. We did have a problem with the computer system updating the correct time for daylight savings. I am very sorry this caused problems with the wake up calls. I have not spoken to you about this situation and would like you to contact me personally so we can resolve this to your satisfisfaction.