“Convenient location and great deal” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Canton, Ohio
“Convenient location and great deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Heading in to DC on a Saturday morning to pick up my son at GWU and needed an inexpensive place to stay. Next to Dulles airport and right on 267. The room was nice and clean. The noise from the airport was nonexistent. Breakfast buffet was very nice with made to order omelets, pancakes and waffles. For $100 including tax we had a king room with breakfast buffet. The staff was friendly and helpful. In 30 minutes we were at GW and loading my sons stuff. Great deal for a nice place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.

Sherri Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Onancock, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My daughters wedding party and guests rented 40 rooms and we got the service as if we had asked to sleep for free behind the building. We did not asked for anything difficult, but got no help despite the large number of rooms that we occupied. The rooms were nice but the staff were very difficult to deal with and would not help us out with anything. They had 2 shuttles and I asked for a ride to pick up my car on Sunday morning and they said they had to take someone to the airport and could not give me a ride. Both of the shuttles did not move for an hour but had drivers hanging around. We had other small requests that were denied. They are foreign and I guess only help foreign people and don't know how to be helpful or nice. If you are of the their nationality this might be an okay place to stay but otherwise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank walt c
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Dulles. I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations for several aspects of your stay and apologize sincerely for the issues that you encountered. Our shuttle provides service for other hotels as well and the priorty is the airport pick ups. We are happy to provide shuttle service to groups with prior arrangements through our sales office.

Thank you again for your feedback. I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Just loved the hotel...its brand new, sparkling clean...super efficient staff...
one thing though, try avoiding the toll road that starts/ ends near the hotel...the GPS took me on the the toll road. Worst thing is it has an automated toll booth, so you cant even argue! Besides, its not clearly marked at all...I ended up paying 4$ twice for a 0.9 mi toll road...

Googled the toll road for details...looks like they are making loss...no wonder they rip off drivers...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Murphy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at this location for this year. It is a very well maintained hotel. The rooms are big and very nice. The breakfast is very good and the breakfast attendants are professional and friendly. Checking in at the front desk was a unique experience. There seemed to be some sort of dispute between the 2 staff members. Although checking in was not a problem, I was glad to get away. Overall a nice hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Brian Miller at the front desk is not helpful and has a attitude problem. Brian Miller will make you feel like he is doing you a favor by checking you in. Don't even try and ask him for something. Rooms have bad acoustics so you can hear the people outside in the hallway. otherwise rooms are ok, bed was nice, TV works fine. Bathroom is good. Breakfast is nice with a good selection. Dinner has not much variety. Jennifer at the front desk is not that helpful either.
Sarah the front desk manager gets things done. So if you run into a problem ask for the manager.

Room Tip: Check in when Brian Miller is NOT around at the front desk. Ask for the manager if you have to.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank John K
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes. My staff should always give outstanding service at all times.

We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. Please contact me to give me more details on your experience.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was never supposed to stay at this hotel, but was booked here by United Airlines (who paid for the room) since my flight (UA548) was about 4 hrs delayed from Punta Cana and messed up my entire travel itinerary. It was such a bad experience flying with United and I wanted to write a review about it, but unfortunately it's not possible here.

I arrived last night around 3 am to check in and the front desk person on duty was very nice and helpful. Check-in was fairly quick...needless to say, there weren't anyone else at that time. The lobby area looked very nice and very clean.

My room (standard guest room with King size bed) was very nice...not much to complain about at all. Clean, big and with nice amenities. My only complaint with regards to the sleeping quality is that the pillows were all too "tall" and a bit too hard. Also, the hallways have bad acoustics, so whenever someone walked by or talks, it almost felt like they were in the room.

There was a nice flat screen TV with good selection of channels, a desk/work space and complimentary WIFI internet. I also really like that there was a coffee maker (although the coffee wasn't very good), a fridge and a microwave oven (which came in handy to heat up my breakfast muffin!). The bathroom is nice, clean and with a few bath amenities (soaps, shampoo).

I didn't try any of the facilities (spa, pool, breakfast, etc.), so I don't know what they are like.

I don't know if I would stay here if I were in town on vacation. I don't know if any of the other rooms have a good view, but mine overlooks the parking lot and road (not what I would be looking for if I were on a vacation). I also have the feeling that it's pretty far away from sights and sounds, but for staying overnight on a layover, it seems pretty perfect since it's fairly close to the airport (IAD). I'd definitely recommend it for a short stay or a layover.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Dundalk, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I have been here 3 times this year, every times visit the experience is different. This time as usual I found the staff helpful, restaurant is improved but still not recommended for dinner. Wine is very expensive in the bar. The bed remains the most comfortable of any hotels I have stayed in. To be honest, the bed is the main reason I choose this hotel. Next trip I will take a look around for other options where I can get some decent food, but it's really the restaurant that lets this place down, otherwise it would be the only choice for me.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay with your dinner. Please contact me next time you visit and I will personally ensure your dinner experience is exceptional.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Sherri Cooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!