WINNER WONDERLAND

Add it.
Mezza Mediterranean Grill
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Ashburn, Virginia
“Dry Dry Dry Souvlaki Platters.....what a disappointment!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I ordered takeout Chicken Souvlaki and Souvlaki Platters. What a disappointment!!!!! Both meals were extremely DRY. No taste, no Tzatziki sauce, no flavor. Very bland and very boring. We were not happy at all. When I called to the restaurant when I opened our dishes they weren't very interested. That's the way they cook. Well for $30 I was hoping for some flavor. I had to wash it down with water because it was so dry. The salad was just iceberg lettuce with not much 'greek' added to it. One olive!. Not going back again nor will ever recommend this anyone. Money wasted and time wasted.

• Visited February 2012

Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Best Mediterranean in Ashburn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I'm shocked at the bad reviews this place has been getting. I love this place. The food is amazing. The service could be a little better. It always seems we get a owner or a manager serving us who seems to be doing tons of other things, and our drinks are never full. But the food is amazing, and the atmosphere is pretty nice too. And it is our favorite shopping center in Ashburn.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mezza Rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have always loved your food, but the service at your restaurant is horrible. I had a server last night, old man, slick back hair, who had a heart attack recently. I sat down and was waiting to be served and he was sitting over at another table chatting with them. Unprofessional. Then he came over and gave us a schpeal about hookah flavors and what we need to order as a minimum. He said that bottle waters were $2.50 and they were $1.60 on the menu. He asked us to cash out because it was about to close and he just told us how much we owed him. He did not give us a receipt or anything. My friend owed him $20.07 and he just said just give me $20. My tab came out to be $31. I highly doubt that it was that exact. When I paid in cash, he didn’t even give me a receipt. As we were leaving, I was not going to leave him a tip at all. He then called us back and said, “I hope you left me a good tip.” Unprofessional to say that. He didn’t even do anything! He brought out the food and never checked back on us. There was nothing to refill b/c we all got bottle water. What were we tipping him for? But my friend asked me to leave a tip and not cause a scene.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VA
“Terrible food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

I wished I had checked the Tripadvisor.com reviews before I went!
There was only one couple in the restaurant at around noon on a Sunday - that should have given me pause. The lady (owner?) was sullen - should have been another hint that I ignored.
I ordered the spanakopita, it arrived quickly - there were only 4 small pieces (seemed to have been bought at a grocery store) with a side of about 3 small slivers of beet and little lettuce. The spanakopita was <not> cooked all the way through - it was cold/partly frozen in the middle. The Eggplant Fatteh was not worth the $11, it was just small pieces of fried pita with smaller/hard-to-find pieces of eggplant, etc. The special of the day: Chicken Souvlaki was terrible - with the chicken having an after-taste - the side of lentil soup was awful (it tasted sour and stale-yuck!). After a couple of bites, we left everything, paid (wasted the $s) and went to another place to eat.
Avoid going there!!

• Visited April 2011
Ashburn, Virginia
“HORRIBLE service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

I've eaten here three times, and had the worst service all three times! The last time I ordered here, they over charged my card $10. No problem I figured, when they said they would just give us a credit on our next order. One month later, when making an order they say they can't "remember" there is supposed to be a credit! The guy on the phone gets impatient and says, "You listen, no remember, make order!" English is not their first language, so don't even try to place a simple order over the phone, unless you have 20 minutes to waste. They are rude, impatient and their mediocre food is over-priced.