“Part of the charm”
Review of Thai Siam - CLOSED

Thai Siam
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Yes it is out of the way and the owner gets cranky. If it's hot out it will be warm inside. I usually come early-mid afternoon (1-3 pm) and have never been turned away--that would suck. They know me well enough now which helps. I also get Thai Hot which they seem to enjoy.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We've heard about this hidden Thai restaurant for years. Our older son, who lived and worked in Thailand for a year, swears it's the best place for Thai food outside of Thailand. The food definitely lived up to expectations! Very generous servings, reasonable prices, and everything is fresh. If you're not sure what to order, ask the owner/chef. She'll make recommendations. When she heard us contemplating whether to order Thai spring rolls or Thai pork dumplings, she said, "Thai dumplings much better." Same thing with the chicken. I just asked her - sesame chicken or Thai basil chicken? - Well, Thai basil chicken, of course! It was so good, lots of fresh veggies, delicious sauce, and perfectly cooked chicken. My husband had the red curry, which he also enjoyed, although he also ate about half of mine. We have lots of leftovers to enjoy for lunch or dinner tomorrow. Just one tip - if you go in the winter and plan on dining in, dress warmly and order the hot tea! Also, we didn't call ahead, but it might be a good idea to make sure it's open before you make a special trip out there.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We are hard to impress at times with food and we found this food to be amazing....no other way to describe it. The restaurant itself is nothing special....you need to overlook that. As mentioned previously, the little lady that takes your order is temperamental and just doesn't have good people skills. BUT my husband won her over and she was laughing with him by the time we left. The chef was very nice. They are brother and sister and do this all on their own, so don't expect a 5-star experience but you WILL get 5-star food. That's the main thing, right?

If all you care about is the food, and you can overlook everything else....GO HERE! This is truly some of the best food around and certainly THE best Thai food I've ever had.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Indescribable, exquisite, absolutely mind-blowing food that keeps you wanting more! I am very, very particular about going out to eat and seldom am impressed; however, this place is the best food that I have ever had........period. The owner is at times tempermental but she was absolutely delightful and fun on the Saturday that we went- June 15,2013. My husband and I were so delighted that we have made a pact to make the trip from Lynchburg to Thai Siam every month. This is something we have never been compelled to do before with ANY restaurant.
Make sure that you call ahead because if the owner is not in a good mood, she will literally tell you to leave! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! We would also advise you to come hungry so you can try a variety of dishes. All are simply and utterly outstanding!!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have eaten, or tried to eat there many times over the last 2 years. The food is outstanding, as good as any we have eaten. The service leaves a lot to be desired. Went there for lunch at 12:00 noon, and was told to go away, they got there late and were not ready to serve. went there one night for dinner at 6:00, door was unlocked, open sign was there, told to go away, they were closed. If you can get in, the food is worth it.

1  Thank btaes1