Fairview Bed and Breakfast Estate
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Arrington
See available hotels
Amherst Inn(Amherst)
Village Inn Motel(Lovingston)
Wintergreen Resort(Wintergreen)
View Hotel
Buena Vista Motel(Buena Vista)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn(Madison Heights)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubentire housepeace and quietwonderful stayfire pitfamily reunionpeacockswineriesproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a great getaway for my wife and I. I too used a voucher for the weekend (can't remember which site anymore) and ran into the same issue many others have due to the fire that occurred early this year. I was able to make a reservation for a weekend 6 months out and glad I did. My wife and I really enjoyed the grounds and if you like peacocks well they run the place. The food and surrounding views were great and we both enjoyed the local restaurants and wineries. We didn't get a chance to do any of the more outdoor activities but that may be the next time we go. Amy was very gracious and helpful with guiding us around and we enjoyed the breakfasts she cooked every morning. My wife and I have never been to a bed and breakfast before so we were pleasantly surprised. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A family reunion brought us to the Amherst Virginia area over the Memorial Day weekend. We were very lucky indeed to find the Fairview in our search for accommodations. The building is an historic Italianate inn set amongst farm fields with a view to the surrounding mountains. The rooms are well furnished and differ by color scheme. Each is intriguing. We awoke in the mornings to incredible breakfasts after which we could stroll the grounds to feed the horses or sip tea on the porch as we watched the peacocks. There is a feeling of serenity here. Jennifer hosted our family in a way that made us feel like family. In a pre-visit conversation she described Fairview as a "magical place". We would have to agree. This is truly better than advertised.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CFandRLM
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My daughter had a 15 year reunion at Sweet Briar and the drive was long. I told her I would go and help with the driving and would find a B & B in the area. What I found was a treasure! As it happened, I was the only guest on Friday night. I enjoyed the solitude and beauty of the grounds while enjoyed a glass of wine offered by the owner. The southern belle has had a vision for years and now lives it in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The best part is that she shares it with anyone lucky enough to travel there. Well done, Miss Jennifer

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I too had a living social deal. I had booked an April 2013 date last year, when they were so booked up, but then received an E-mail in Feb, explaining of a fire and offering the remainder of 2013 to book. Fair enough. I E-mailed twice, listing at least 3 dates, all of them being non- weekends. Did not hear one work back. Finally, I contacted Living Social, and was told the owner was willing to work with me, but after presenting my case that I had already contacted her twice, was somewhat persisitant with Living Social. I would have loved to visit here, but was unable to ever book anything.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank reggie521
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This our first time in a B&B and I have to say it was really quite lovely. We stayed here right after our wedding in Nelson County which was perfect. The staff were all very warm and welcoming. I can't say much for the other rooms since we did not see them, but the "Honey Moon Suite" seems the way to go whether you are are newlywed or not! I did confuse one of the lower level bathrooms as a public house bathroom but quickly realized it belonged to the room across the hall. There were some guests enjoying the fire pit when we arrived which was a nice touch. I felt like a princess waking up in a castle with the most amazing and scrumptious five star breakfast! Although we didn't end up using it, the tub looked big enough to fit three people in. If you are traveling with an extra guest or small children, this room has a sunroom off the master bedroom with a cozy day bed overlooking the yard. We enjoyed watching the peacocks, and if you've never seen one in person, they can seem a little loud..but it's part of Fairview's novelty. (We love birds, so it was fun for us.). My only complaint if I had to have one, was not having a fan in the room. It was a little warm in the morning for my taste (in the still summer air) but nothing that would prevent us from returning. I would not recommend the top suite to someone with difficulty climbing stairs as the entry to this room is in the highest quarter of the house. We drove a little further into the night than we needed to so get good directions! Never saw mold or rotting wood as other reviewers posted, and would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Bring a portable fan! Don't skip the breakfast!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple