“Great ribs”

Texas Jack's Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Jack's Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 992 Restaurants in Arlington
Description: Texas Jack's is named after legendary cowboy John B. Omohundro from Virginia. His extensive travels, adventures, and extraordinary commitment to others can be felt in the planks of our communal tables, in the smiles of our friendly staff, and in the taste of our succulent, smoked barbecue.
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and her husband got takeout for my husbands birthday from here. Hubby is a fan of ribs and said these were the best he’s had outside of the Caribbean. I agree. Side dishes were also good and I especially liked the cornbread.

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Nice open dining room. Big tables and lots of room for larger groups. Great sparkling sangria and lots of beer options. Kids liked their burgers but my husband thought the fried chicken sandwich was soggy and potato salad bland. My pulled pork sandwich was just okay, a bit vinegary for my taste. It was supposed to come with Cole slaw but had the most meager few pieces of Cole slaw on top - really lame. Fries were excellent.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Disappointing on all counts. Never a good sign when you leave a BBQ restaurant and you're hungry for dinner. The brisket was tasty, but $12 for a 1/2 lbs, $4 for a handful of fries, marginal coleslaw - just really unacceptable. Add a staff that is seeking to turn-tables and push you out to seat the next people (even on a weekday evening). Just really nothing to recommend it.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Came here with a group of girlfriends on a Saturday night, hadn't been to the location since it was Tallulah/Eat Bar. We started with brisket nachos. I had turkey and mac & Cheese. I like that you get perfect portions, nothing like being too full on BBQ. Price wasn't bad either. Bourbon selection was great. I recommend it and will return.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

A colleague and his wife took me here on a Friday night when I was working here for a few days. The meat is great and the way you can build your own platter was great. Good atmosphere and attentive service also helped make this an enjoyable night out. Best thing I ate though - the Brussels! Not often you say that!

Been to Texas Jack's Barbecue? Share your experiences!