“You did better before... ”

Ichiban Sushi & Ramen
Order Online
Ranked #204 of 1,038 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

Tonight I went to the restaurant, one of my favorite in the area. I’ve been there for several times and I think they serve a good sushi (well above the average). Unfortunately this time I placed my to go order and once I arrived home couple of items missed. I called the restaurant and the justification was that someone forgot to put the stuff inside the bag. No apologies. At all. I hope you’ll do better next time (if I will come back there...)

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

With all of the wonderful options for food in Shirlington, this is a restaurant I won't be returning to soon.

Service was slow. Food was just ok. I wish I had tasted something super yummy, but all I could think was, I have had better elsewhere.

It took five minutes for our drinks to arrive, twenty minutes for our appetizers to arrive and 30 seconds for them to clear our plates as we pushed them away.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 26, 2019

If you love ramen, sushi, and other Japanese cuisine, eat somewhere else. Sure, Ichiban has a large menu with lots of Japanese dishes, but they are mostly underwhelming. From the ramen to the sushi to the katsu, everything we had was mediocre and failed to excite. With so many other Japanese options in the DC area, I simply cannot recommend that anyone eats here. The cherry on top of our meal was that the door stop on Ichiban's front door if faulty and would leave the door open, blasting cold air on our table, and the staff would do nothing, leaving me to get up four times to shut the door. Skip it.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Had amazing sushi and ramen. You must try the Naruto roll. Prices were average. Service was good. My only complaint is that the gyosa were cold when they came to our table.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019

Had the miso soup with ramen and beef. The beef was tender and plentiful. Ramen was fresh—not your typical bagged stuff from the store. Friendly staff and fast service. Nice patio, too!

Date of visit: April 2019