“Relaxing and tasty dinner”
Review of Tallula - CLOSED

Tallula
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pershing Dr.
Transit: Clarendon Metro
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I met another couple for dinner this weekend, and had a great time. The food was terrific, there was a nice wine list and we were able to heard ourselves speak. We were sitting in a high back booth, which felt kind of private, but it was so nice to be able to have a conversation in a restaurant without shouting! I had the swordfish and everyone else had the short ribs. We were all pleased with our food. The portions were perfect and we all left full. They have a great wine list as well, and at no time did we feel rushed throughout dinner - and we were there for 4 hours enjoying the food, wine, dessert and company.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We absolutely LOVED this place. Arlington is not really known for a lot of great restaurants (there are a few) and we are constantly disappointed with the food in the Clarendon neighborhood. Most are just fine, not great. So we were so surprised and delighted to finally find a really great place in the area. We loved everything about it: the comfortable and quiet dining room, the warm but not over-bearing service, the menu, and the food was fantastic! The attached bar area looks really fun with a nice menu, too. We always try new restaurants when they open and usually never go back -- this one I can't wait to try again!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Love the concept of farm to table and try to support all farm to table restaurants. Consequently, I would love for this to be a glowing review, but it's not. On the up side, the service was great and the ambiance was nice. The food, however, fell short.

We were there on a Monday, and early, and the chef was off that night, so maybe those are the reasons the food was very lackluster. My app of pumpkin tortellini tasted like it was made many days before, frozen, and then re-heated. Even if it was, it shouldn't taste that way. The pork belly was good, nice and crispy outside, melt in mouth goodness. I didn't have a main course, but opted for a side of potatoes and mustard greens. Way to greasy/oily, and it had a old griddle flavor. Again, it seemed the potatoes were made earlier and reheated. My dining partner had the chicken breast, which was just average on all accounts. Desserts, same.

I so wanted to like this place, but alas, we won't be going back. I had heard it was inconsistent, and we must have just gotten the down side. I'd give it a try just to support the concept, and maybe you will have a terrific meal.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Tried Tallula for the first time for Restaurant Week; good value given a la carte prices. Very good fried eggplant dish we had as appetizer. My scallops were delicious; husband's monkfish was buttery but not much other flavor; Dessert of peach cake and other of panna cotta was ok. I'm a dessert-oholic that these would not rank among the best I've ever had. The 2 hour dining time would have been fine for some; it was slow for us especially between the main course and dessert. Albeit the restaurant was full on a weeknight due to RW and in our area, restaurants get "slammed" during this week. Has a small parking lot (full at 7p) and street parking, though limited to residents on some of the neighboring streets.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visiting the DC area for a few days and had dinner here with some friends. Friendly service and a subdued atmosphere allowed for good conversation. Food was well prepared. Good selection of wines.