“Personality, variety and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tallula - CLOSED

Tallula
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pershing Dr.
Transit: Clarendon Metro
Birmingham, Alabama
“Personality, variety and tasty”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The wine list was varied and interesting, the wait staff was knowledgable about the wines and the food, the food was locally sourced, reasonably priced, tasty and well presented. The staff was efficient but not intrusive.

We had dinner in the wine room (group of 16) and were charmed by the casual eating venue, the professionalism of the staff and the tasty food.

It was exactly what we were looking for, an excellent meal, an interesting wine list and a relaxed atmosphere that wasn't too slouchy.

Visited May 2012

Alexandria, VA
“NEEDS CLEANING, FOOD OKAY, WORN 1950'S APPEARANCE, SERVICE FINE”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This restaurant needs to be revamped and remodeled. The furniture is spotted and not clean, the wine rack has dust and toothpicks strewn about and under it. The decor is really passe and the place has a dark appearance. The windows are filthy. The food was fine and the service was quite good. We would not return is our bottom line.

• Visited June 2012
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Outside dining and nice wine”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

We have driven past Tallula for years and finally stopped in. A nice surprise. Incredible wines by the glass - and a nice menu to accompany the wine. The inside of Tallula is cozy - and the outside dining is cute.

Arlington
“Very Delicious!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This meal was fabulous from start to finish. We wandered into Tallula by accident, and boy are we glad we did! We started with a cheese plate -- yummy. I had the duck. Not sure why I ordered it because I so rarely do, but it was delicious. My friend ordered the gnocchi and at one point ordered (seriously, ordered) me to dip some bread into the sauce to taste it. I'm not good at taking orders, but thankfully this night I decided not to be stubborn. I was rewarded with the most delicious sauce I've ever tasted. I can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Vey nice but...”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

... my date's credit card was stolen by one of its staff... and so, not exactly a class act. Consider yourself warned.