“Excellent value”

Kabob Bazaar
Ranked #200 of 943 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: An Iranian restaurant serving Persian cosine since 1993.Selection of beef, chicken, lamb, or seafood kabobs are the highlights of the menu which is served with the choice of Basmati rice, tandoori bread, or salads. Menu also consists of low carb and vegetarian dishes. Daily specials are are also something to look forward to. We serve wine and beer and have outdoor seating when the weather permits.
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This was a first visit to an Iranian restaurant. Food was excellent, service kind and attentive and the ambiance was pleasant. We had two entrees and a starter for $27. Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Everything was as great as expected. The service was good. The chicken and salmon were amazingly tasty. The Baklava was out of this world.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just love Kabob Bazaar. It is a casual,local place but the food is fantastic and they are so accomadating! I use them to cater evenst as well and they have been spot on!
The chicken kubideh and salmon kabob are tender and specials are fantastic and greatto try. The basmati rice is fluffy and everything si fresh down to the home made bread. It caters to the local Persian community so you know it is authentic

Reviewed May 26, 2013

For those who favor Persian (Iranian) dishes, there's an abundance of restaurants in the Greater Washington, DC area. I love Persian cuisine and have dined at many of their restaurants worldwide. This time, we decided to try the Kabob Bazaar in Arlington, Virginia.

A fairly well-frequented restaurant off Wilson Boulevard, Kabob Bazaar features a moderate-sized dining room and much to my surprise also a full bar. The staff (mostly non-Iranians) is very friendly. The setting and the decoration matches almost all other Persian restaurants in the DC area: tacky and non-descript (though I must say, "Moby Dick" chain of Persian restaurants look a bit better!), but the food is quite delicious and the portions are generous.

So, next time you're in the area, try Kabob Bazaar and tell us what you think of the place.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm not sure how this restaurant got so many good reviews. Went here tonight because of the great reviews so naturally I had high hopes. However both the food and service were absolutely terrible.

For the appetizer I ordered the Falafel - which was bland and just not worth the $5.75 price. For the entree I got the jujeh kabob and my wife got the kabob barg. The jujeh was again just bland, as if the chicken was not even marinated. I guess the "lemon" marinade was suppose to come from the lemon on the side of the plate because clearly it was tasteless. The kabob barg which was supposed to be spicy was really more of a joke... cracked pepper has more spice than this dish. Its hard to image a restaurant could go so wrong with a kabob especially when it is supposed to be there specialty... but clearly this place did.

Worse yet, not only the food despicable, the service was just non-existent. The waiter did not once check up on us and did not offer to refill our drinks. After we asked for our check, we literally waited over 20 more minutes until we finally walked up to the counter and asked for our check. Definitely will not be going back to this place. There are tons of great kabob places in the area, but this is just not one of them.