“What a dump”

Ranked #48 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Lusby, Maryland
“What a dump”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Sure $99.00 a night might sound good for a room in Arlington Va. and so close to DC but it should be $29.00 a night. Dated and dirty. Nothing more to say.

Room Tip: Don't do it unless your flat broke!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dave L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The beds were clean, but everything elsewas horrible. I was scared of walking barefoot and even going into the bathroom was scarry.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Winooski
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were disappointed to find this to be an older hotel clearly in need of upgrading. After we finally were able to get the door open, we found one of the deadbolts non-functional. While the bed was comfortable, the blanket and comforter were full of burn holes. At least we found no bedbugs! We asked the hairdryer to be replaced (it kept tripping the outlet breaker) but our request was ignored. Staff at the hotel were moderately friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was decent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Odessa K
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 24, 2012

After reading all the reviews prior to booking this hotel - I grew nervous about finding bed bugs, but I took my chances since I was looking for a cheap place to stay for my first trip to DC. Upon arrival, its obvious the hotel is a bit older, and needs some updating, but most importantly, it was clean, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. All sheets and pillow cases were clean and the bed was comfortable - NOT a single bed bug!! The bathroom was clean (but could use some updating), the kitchenette was a perfect place to house my snacks and beverages, and the A/C worked great!! The location was near fast food and a few sit down restaurants within a minutes walk. Calling a cab was quick and easy! Upon checking out, the staff stored our luggage until we returned later in the evening prior to heading to the airport. This was a pleasant stay for our first trip to DC - we would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Expect an older hotel that needs some updating, but clean, and perfect place to rest your head inbet...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I had read a few reviews and I was not too sure about the place. My first night I found an adult bed bug in my bed. I talked to management and they moved my family and I to another room. Once again I had found several bed bugs in both beds. As a traveler it is important to know about your location of choice, ewe have an infany with us and its a saftey concern. Staff are friendly but the hotel is run down and infested. If you dont mind bed bugs then this place is for you.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank nobedbugs2012
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2012

After reading all these bad reviews i was a little skeptical but room was extremely clean.
Beds, shower and all details in my room was perfect.
Most of all i was concerned about the bed bugs but couldn't catch any :)))) My bed was clean as a whistle.
I recommend this hotel to anybody who has a lower budget.
Transportation to D.C city center is very easy. First you take a bus which departs right next door to the hotel then you take a metro to the city.
Overall my experience was great with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
PA
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel can use a few updates, but if they do that, they will most definitely raise their prices, and just try to get a room under $200 a night in the DC area, plus free parking! There are always bus trips staying there and it can get a bit noisy in the morning, but we're there to see the sights of DC, not to sleep in. For price and convenience of location, I will always stay here when visiting DC. The breakfast is fine, and we find the desk people very nice and always helpful. We plan to be staying there again next spring. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs might be a little quieter, but you'll have to deal with a very slow elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family