“Great hotel, Friendly Staff, Loved the Location” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Suffolk, VA
“Great hotel, Friendly Staff, Loved the Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in April 2014. I took the bus from the metro station. It was a breeze. Got there a little early and my room wasn't ready. So I checked my bag and headed back to the metro to visit DC. When I returned I was checked in by a wonderful man. He was so friendly. Gave me a list of local restaurants and he even recommended a few. He was so pleasant, but I have misplaced his card and can't remember his name. But the room was fantastic. Great view of the Arlington cemetery. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and lived up to my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. For family or business travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Bethesda, Md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property while attending an an area event with friends. While the property suited my needs perfectly, since it was close to the event venue and I had a car, it is not sufficiently close to Pentagon City as its name woukd suggest. It is very close to the Air Force Memorial, but a traveler who wants to be in the heart of Pentagon City would be SERIOUSLY disappointed by the location of this hotel. The rate was very reasonable for its location, the quality of the room itself, and the amenities of the hotel. But if you are expecting to walk out of the hotel and stroll over to Pentagon City, you will be in for a rude awakening.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Euvites
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent visit as we always appreciate feedback both good and bad. I am sorry our location did not meet your expectations. The hotel is truly considered Pentagon City and we are actually closer than many hotels where the walk takes longer than the short 3 minute shuttle ride across the highway. Once there, access to shopping, restaurants and the subway system is steps away and many of our guests appreciate the convenience of the shuttle when carrying shopping bags and other items. Our address is given on our website for guests who wish to find out our exact location in proximity to local attractions before booking . Again, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Steve W.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Even though I live locally, sometimes I stay here because it has great facilities for hosting business clients. The front desk staff is always superb and the restaurant/bar management runs a great establishment. The Club Lounge has the nicest view of DC anywhere other than the top of the National Cathedral. Formerly known as Sheraton National, this property has always catered to a mix of family and business travelers coming to DC and remains the best deal anywhere near Pentagon City.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank George C
Nassau, Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very nice hotel, checkin with Ranjit was very pleasant. Room accomodations were good and the restaurant was quite nice. I sent packages to the hotel to be collected on my arrival. I received two of them, but after returning to the front desk at least five times, the final package could still not be found even though I had tracked its delivery to the hotel a few days early. Ariel was pleasant and somewhat helpful, but Comilio was not. He was nonchalant and very unhelpful and was telling me there was nothing he could do. Ranjit overheard this and immediately sought to help. He searched every security closet and lo and behold, found the package. Ranjit is Awesome and should be commended for his exceptional customer service. Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Although it did take about 15 minutes to get checked in, I completely forgot about the time I spent standing in line due to the charm and helpfulness of the receptionist at Check-In, Ranjit. He was extremely friendly and quick, something that was much appreciated, considering how tired I was.

The room itself was excellent, and spacious, with a gorgeous view of the city. In the morning, I had some of the breakfast provided with my membership, and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Continental breakfasts are usually at best mediocre, but this one was excellent. Another nod to Ranjit for telling me about it, as I wouldn't have found it without his direction.

Overall, I was extremely happy with my stay, and I will be staying here whenever I need a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: This hotel has 15 floors, I think. The higher the better. Get a room facing the city, the view is in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank tremoton
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

When we booked this hotel we were not sure about the location knowing we would be going into DC to see all the attractions. Let me tell you so worth it. The Hotel provides a shuttle Bus that takes you to the Metro which is about a 3 minute bus ride. We are in DC within 15 minutes. The Hotel was not only clean but the front desk staff were very polite and helpful. We were able to get a package deal that included Hotel parking and the Wifi included in the rate. I highly recommend this Hotel for your future stay to Virginia/ DC area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David E
Lake Placid, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just spent 3 days at this hotel for a family gathering. The staff went way out of their way to accommodate us. Good service and a comfortable room. Our view was extraordinary overlooking all the monuments and Arlington cemetery. Special thanks to Jason at the front and Ariel at check in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family