“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Holbrook, New York
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Lemar and the rest of the staff greeted and served with excellence from the time we entered to the time we left. Extremely helpful and accommodating and would highly recommend anyone to this hotel especially if traveling for business or pleasure to Washington D.C. Shuttle to and from the metro was great and price wise completely worth it rather than paying for an overpriced room in the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Dennis W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us while staying at the Sheraton Pantagon City. I was very pleased to read that you had a great stay and received excellent service from our team. I will make sure that they all receive the appropriate recognition for their efforts.

Again, thank you and I hope we have the opporunity to serve you again in the future.

Best regards, Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

After a mediocre overnight stay at this location I find that the customer service after check out is HORRIBLE!! My child left “Doggie” the stuffed animal in bed and I missed it when packing. On September 15th as I was tucking my child into bed I was asked.."mommy where is my doggie?"..I immediately called the hotel to inquire if Doggie was found but was told that the housekeeping was closed and to try back in the morning. I called in the morning to reach a member of the staff to see if "Doggie" could be found and after a few calls back and forth he was. After returning the creditcard authorization form I was asked for and not hearing anything back I called and left a message for the manager who did not return my calls. I called again this Tuesday evening to follow up and was left on hold for over 21mins with no call back. I filed a complaint with Sheraton this morning and finally got a call back from a different manager who informed me that "Doggie" has been lost!! I am INFURIATED with this hotel and warn that lost items may never be returned.

Room Tip: We did have a nice view of the Pentagon...possibly the highlight of the trip
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NJMummy
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear NJMummy,

I am not usually at lost for words other to say that I am extremely sorry that we did not get your child's stuffed animal back to your child. Being a father of three girls, I can definitely relate to how you feel because items such as these are simply irreplaceable to the child. We did find the animal but somehow lost it through the shipping process.

I know our Director of Operations has been in contact you to try to recover the best we can from our mishap even though we know it is a very tough to make you feel better about the situation.

Again, my apologies - best regards, SPCGM

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here last week because it was one of the best price we could find in the area. Plus side of this hotel is the view. Amazing, stunning view of Washington DC from your room. The down side, there are no public transportation to this property. The shuttle to Pentagon City Mall and subway really helps. If you don't mind the traveling effort, this is a perfect hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with high floor- DC view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Thought I only stayed one night, the stay was enjoyable. Ranjit (at the front desk) was very helpful and patient during my check-in process. The hotel is conveniently located to the subway and National Airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was put into the building that is separate from the main hotel lobby, and it was very difficult navigating my way around. The signage was poor, and there were no clear markings on the elevators in that building and no clues how to get to your room. On my first trip to the room I got hopelessly lost, ended up on wrong floors, finally found a stairway that took me back down to the street. I had to ask hotel staff how to get back in and find my room. No refrigerator or microwave in the rooms. Eating facilities in the hotel are minimal, and there appears to be nowhere nearby to walk to. Staff were fine, and my bed and room were clean, but a very visible stain on the carpet next to the dresser. Long, dim hallways - thought at one point I'd see the twin girls from the movie The Shining lurking at the end of the hall. All in all, not a horrid experience, but I've certainly had better.

Room Tip: I suspect getting a room in the main hotel would be better than the hinterlands I ended up in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The lobby is clean and ornate, and the reception staff very accommodating. The free shuttle to the metro stop is a plus and keeps from having to drive / park in downtown D.C. Gift shop is packed with tourist souvenirs, although at hotel,prices, as would be expected. Pool and rooftop deck has great views of the Washington Monument, Capitol building, Arlington National Cemetery, among other sites.
Rooms are spacious, but in need of renovation. The carpet was worn and stained, and the room just feels dated. New carpet, wall covering, vanities, and tub surrounds would go a long way to enhancing the guest experience. Highway-side rooms have constant buzz of mechanical units below. Corridors need A/C test and balance as the corridor felt like it was 90 degrees.
There is not much within walking distance, but the free shuttle makes up for that.

Overall, not bad for the price & proximity to downtown.

• Stayed October 2013
Mastic, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We utilized a Living-social deal which was a great rate for the DC area and for this particular hotel as we stayed here a few years back when visiting Ft. Meyer (which is right next door to the hotel). The hotel room we stayed in had a poor view of just the roof and highways but was a newly remodeled room. It is a nice hotel but the dining room leaves a lot to be desired. There wasn't a hostess for quite a while and it looked kind of unorganized so we went back to our room and ordered a fairly mediocre meal that cost us $85. For $85 in the Arlington area there would have been a better meal but on the plus side (we were pooped) it arrived warm and quickly. There is a difficult entry when coming into the hotel that all should be made aware of or you will be driving in circles quite a distance as there is major highway construction at the highway intersections at the hotel. Make sure when exiting directly off the highway to the street right in front of the hotel proper that you go to the NEXT entrance (when you arrive the "entrance" is an exit so it is very confusing. There is no signage or lighted signs indicating you should go to the NEXT entrance). Once there, there is a U turn to the front of the hotel. The hotel allows you 5 minutes to unload and move your car. I can see that when the hotel has many arrivals this could be very messy.

Big pluses are self parking and free wifi. You receive two tickets to put into the automated parking meter, one white, one blue. The blue goes in after the white one. We still were being "charged" $25 for one night stay but when pushing the button for help and telling them it was wrong, they immediately opened the gate. Strange. But if one thinks about the cleanliness, the comfortable beds, the very welcoming staff, the free (?) parking and the free wifi? Where in the Metropolitan D.C. area could one find such a value for a mere $79 and be treated with respect? The staff is remarkably nice considering it is basically a tourist hotel!

Oh, one odd item is every picture and mirror was permanently placed crooked in our room. The mirror in the entry way was so crooked it was hilarious. Funny!

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk if you are an SPG member. I was willing to pay for an upgrade bit was automa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple