“Not the best location, but a good choice if you have a car”

Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The neighborhood is changing a bit as Arlington Cemetery expands. Not the best to be walking around at night and not the best to try and find services but you are walking distance to the new Air Force Memorial.

The rooms were good sized - I was in the "annex" (a separate little building) in an odd shaped room. The staff was friendly and the hotel services adequate. The pool on the top floor of the main building was on the smaller side but enclosed with a very nice outside patio area.

Room Tip: Get the main building, not the annex.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gbtrotter
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear gbtrotter, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent trip to the Washington D.C. area. I was very pleased to read that you found our staff very friendly and helpful.

Our neighborhood is going through a few changes as they are in the final stages in demolishing the old Navy Annex building and extending the Arlington National Cementary into that space. There are plans for new memorials, trolley service along Columbia Pike and much more that we are very excited about. Although we have a small residential neighborhood outside our doors, we are only one mile to many restaurants & bars, the Metro Station and much more where we do provide complimentrary transportation to and from the hotel all day and night.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent location. Wonderful service. The gentleman at the front desk was professional as was the gentleman who escorted us to our room (Haile Asmanaw). The room was large enough and the bed comfortable with exceptional bedding. Very nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bonn843

Dear Bonn843, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience during your recent stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I was so pleased to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed the wonderful service provided by our Associates, especially Haile. I will make sure that he receives the recognition that he deserves for his great guest service.

Thank you again and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel has good shuttle service to both the airport and the Metro. Breakfast in The Potomac restaurant was a brilliant buffet. Club Lounge was also impressive. The room was clean and had a fabulous view of DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason H

Dear Jason H, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your stays at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I am glad that you have the opportunity to take advantage of transportation to the airport & Metro along with enjoying our great breakfast buffet and the Club Lounge not to mention the great views of D.C.

Thanks again and I hope we will have a chance to meet during your next stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went for the first time and we enjoyed the stay. All the emplyees have an excellent disposition.
Mr.Jerard, at the front desk gave us a wonderful room with an special treatment.
Everything was clean and tidy. I was surprise when asked for where can we warm our baby bottle, and inmediately we received in our room a microwave to do it. This is a very good service!
The restaurant and the bar are great. The remarkable breakfast with all kind of options and Mr. Dennis Polanco personal attention, only improved our customer satisfaction.
Our next time in Washington, DC will star at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel by sure.

Room Tip: Make a reservation in advance and tell them what do you prefer. They will give it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Percycro, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was that you enjoyed that hotel along with the bar & restaurant and all that we have to offer. But what really made me happy was the fact that our Associates provided you with such personal attention and provided you with everything you needed to enjoy the time with your family. I will make sure that Jerard and Dennis receive special recognition for their great efforts.

Again, thank you and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here for my 8th grade school trip to DC. First off, we weren't in the hotel a lot, we only stayed 2 nights, and we stayed in the eastern building, which has the least nice rooms of the whole hotel. That might sound bad, but it wasn't. The rooms were nice, the shower was nice, my friends and I watched the Spurs beat the Heat on the nice flatscreen hd tv, and the beds were sooooo comfortable. The breakfast was good but there wasn't that many options, but this is because we had our own private breakfast for just our group. The hotel is very close to the Pentagon and Pentagon City, but not exactly in a neighborhood where you would want to walk there. Staff employee Osman was also really nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear pschnee5, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent school trip to Washington D.C. Although I am sure that you were out most of the day exploring D.C., I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms. I appreciate that you mentioned one of our great Associates, Osman, as I will make sure that he receives some recognition for being outstanding.

I am very happy to here that you want to come back because we would love to have you back. Hopefully that won't be too long from now but we look forward to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was nice, I enjoyed the room. We reserved several conference rooms, at least one was a freezer, while others were hotter than a sauna. If you need anything, however, the door man, Haile Asmamaw, will be more than eager to help you with a smile. His attitude instantly put me in a good mood and enhanced my stay. It's the little things!

Room Tip: Request room with a view of the district
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear TMESQ, thank you so much for taking the time to recognize Asmamaw as an outstanding Asscoiate at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I will make sure that he receives the appropriate recognition for being an outstanding Associate.

I do apologize for the inconsistency of our HVAC system as each room does have their own HVAC unit and controls but I have asked our Chief Engineer to ensure that all units are working properly since they are all less than two years old.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business. It is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel and lives up to the Sheraton standards. It is quite a busy hotel that always seems to have large groups staying there, so plan accordingly. The airport shuttle runs on a schedule every 30 min. so plan for that adjustment as well. The staff has always been really nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear freetofly123, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am ploeased that you had a great stay and enjoyed all that we have to offer especially our convenient transportation to and from Reagan National Airport.

Thanks again and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.