“Average Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night because I needed a dog friendly hotel. Check-in was pleasant and efficient and the breakfast buffet had good variety. I really enjoyed the quiche. My room smelled like a smoking room. It was clean but had an offensive odor. There is no pet walk really. The grassy markee area is in desperate need of cleaning. People have thrown used unmentionables in the bushes. As a result, very Leary about walking in that area. The shuttle service was efficient and the location of the hotel is convenient for getting around DC. Parking was a problem.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank luvmycat2
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
luvmycat2,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Pentagon City and for sharing your experience with us. I was pleased to read that you liked the location of the hotel and that your check in and breakfast meet your expectations but I was disappointed to read that your room had a smoke odor. Although we are a non-smoking hotel, sometimes individuals decide to smoke anyways but our staff should be trained in identifying this and taking corrective action. I am sorry that this did not happen in your situation. I have also had our staff do a complete outside clean up with a new schedule to ensure that we keep opn top of this issue in the future.

Again, thank you and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you visit the Washington D.C. area in the future. Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Lovely hotel with wonderful meeting and banquet facilities. The food at the events, evening dinners, luncheons(including box lunches and breakfasts were so delicious many people commented on the quality and quantity. Although the location is a bit tricky to get into Washington DC from Arlington the view from our rooms was breathtaking. The Washington Monument, the Air Force Memorial at the Pentagon and all of Washington in the distance was beautiful, especially at night. The staff at the hotel is exceptional, very helpful when needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Shelley, I am so pleased that you enjoyed our great food, great facility and our wonderful staff. We hope to see you again in the future!
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

No complaints, we had a good time.
They charge for everything though! (WiFi, TV, parking, breakfast.)
The location is 10 minutes from the Washington must see places.
Would stay here again.
We found this hotel for a great price thanks to HotWire.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank fpvr96
Thanks fpvr96 - we look forward to servicing you again in the future! Best regards.
Marshall, TX
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel with a group whose needs were wonderfully accommodated. The rooms are very clean, mostly up-to-date, comfortable beds and the hotel food was quite good. The two hotel shuttles, running every thirty minutes, were very helpful and a must, as the hotel is somewhat isolated, which is ideal for a group of students. The rooms are some of the largest hotel rooms I've seen for such a property and a real bonus.

Room Tip: The hotel shuttle to Pentagon City Mall and Metro stop makes it ideal for those using the hotel for...
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked on sheraton.com, after staying with them in New Jersey. We were a little worried by the location, but these fears were soon allayed by the excellent shuttle service they run to and from Pentagon City Mall and Metro, and the airport too. Their staff were friendly, and especially the shuttle drivers who were always cheerful and engaging. The restaurant in the hotel was good and well priced, and the Mall has such a vast array of quality food outlets that you could stay a fortnight and eat in a good venue every night. Access to the metro is excellent, and this has you I the middle of DC in 10minutes. We will certainly recommend to our family and friends to,stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is great, the room is nice and some of the front staff were great to check me in as well. However, there were a couple things that absolutely sucked:
- There is nothing around here to eat and you are stuck with eating at the restaurant unless you want to take a cab somewhere.
- Waited for the 6:15 shuttle from the airport, it didnt arrive, called the front desk to inquire and they essentially didnt care.
- The wireless internet and wired too (yes I borrowed an ethernet cable from them) was patchy which kinda sucks when you have to work
- I know its a small thing but I tried to use the vending machine and had issues with it not taking dollar bills and then when i tried the coins, it didnt vend. I went downstairs and politely told the front desk to look into it. She gave me some attitude and gave me a dollar (rude since this was not about the money). The bell hop was asked to see what was wrong and to my surprise he told me "I dont know which one works and which one doesnt and that I should go to every floor and check which one is working and then use it."

I dont expect such rude behavior when paying $140 a night. Terrible experience.

Room Tip: Try to get an even number room, it has a better view of the capitol and Washington Monument
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Rockville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We greatly appreciate the service provided by Wait staff Aroun, and the management team at the Sheraton Pentagon City hotel. We definitely will plan to stop here again when in the area to enjoy the fine food, especially the oysters. Director of Food and Beverages Steve McClure was very responsive to our concern when we previously could not be accomodated for dinner during a New Year's Eve event. I wanted to thank him as well for his exceptional customer service and very pleasant demeanor.
Thank you again.