“Not the Best Location but Wonderfull Staff”

Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not the Best Location but Wonderfull Staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel. It is located just down the street from the Air Force Memorial and the Pentagon. Unfortunately it is in a residential area with highways all around it making it hard to walk to anything and about a mile from the Pentagon City Mall. They do offer a shuttle from and to Regan National Airport and the Pentagon City Mall. If you take the metro to the Pentagon City stop take the exit that brings you up in front of the Ritz Carlton Hotel and the mall. The hotel shuttle comes at quarter to and quarter after the hour. The shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour and half hour. Aside from the location this is a very nice hotel. It is nicely decorated and has recently been rennovated. Everything sparkles. The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The only problem I had was I never got my wake-up call one morning. The front desk was very nice and said they were very sorry and offered me 1/2 price on one night or Sheraton points. It does take the front desk a long time to answer the phone. The staff at this hotel is wonderful. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They make you feel like that really appreciate that you are staying with them and go out of their way to be accommodating and helpful. I ate the breakfast buffet each day as it was included in my rate. It included everything you could want from Starbucks coffee, juices, bagles, pastries, cereal, and hot dishes such as bacon, sausage, potatoes and eggs. Each day there would be a new special hot item like french toast or pancakes. The host promptly greeted me with a smile each day and quickly seated me. The wait staff was very prompt and friendly. If you are going to the Pentagon this may be a good location. Because of the location it is a little less convenient go out for dinner, shopping and sightseeing than some of the other hotels but the shuttle runs regularly to make up for being farther away. For business travelers they have a large area called the "Link" with computers and printers you can use and to print your boarding passes. There are lots of free USA Today's and other papers thoughtout the hotel. The Pentagon City Mall has a large foodcourt and a few sit down restaurants that are good. Across the street from the front of the mall is more shopping and restaurants. If you walk from the Mall Metro exit directly across the food court, exit the mall thru the parking garage, go up the steps and across the street you will enter the Pentagon Row area where you will find additional shopping and a bunch of restaurants. In the summer you can sit outside to eat and in the winter the center of the area is set up as an ice rink and decorated with lights. Very pretty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ashley S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear TravelingMarf,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your experience at our hotel. You were truly throughout the area during your stay with us and became quite familiar with our product and services we offer.

We have shared your experience with our team here and are working on the areas of opportunity from your stay and know the challenge with our location is a fact we are aware of and reason we work to ensure your experience while here is great.

We look forward to hosting you again while you are in the area. Your kind words we appreciate, but always know we are striving for many more guests to have similar and even greater experiences with us. Sorry to hear for the missing wake up call, but from your comments we recovered and do not want that issue to happen to any guest, since we know how important a wake up call is for everyone.

Thanks for choosing our hotel while in the DC area and hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a work related event and would never again. Service is poor all over: had to call multiple times to get details worked out correctly prior to arrival, failed to enter payment info from work which caused me to have to pay, front desk does not answer phone so setting a wake up call takes multiple calls, restaurant service bad and hot food lukewarm which is unsafe, lukewarm shower water everyday during stay, loud banging through roof of people in gym above --- nothing nearby.

Only pluses if you have no other choice is view of city from higher floors and free shuttle to nice mall (and real food options) every half hour though often late and space iffy. Rooms are a nice size.

This is really a hotel to skip, everyone I was with had at least one bad experience including walking in to dirty room at check-in. One evening a lady arrived and her reservation was all messed up by hotel, she just sat in lobby as everyone from her work had gone home and she did not have money to pay and no one local to call. Hotel staff attitude was 'oh well'.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Marytraveler,

Please allow me the opportunity to say thanks for sharing your feedback of your experience while staying with us. We take every feedback we get from our guests very seriously. Unfortunately, I understand you and your colleagues did not have truly an enjoyable stay with us and those experiences we do not want our guests to have, however, we know we must grow as we will from your feedback and I would like to hear the feedback from others of their concerns. We do apologize for the lack of a positive experience, but I do hope all situations were resolved, although we must learn from this to ensure it is not a reoccuring issue.

I hope that you would reconsider your thoughts on our hotel and come and visit us again. We truly do want to make sure your experience is a stellar one and regret to hear about your past experience. We have opportunities, but we have many great team members who like to see you have a great time while in the area.

Thanks again for your time and willingness to share your feedback so we can focus on our areas of opportunities to make our team and hotel even greater for each of our guests.

Kind Regards,

Ashley

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City (aka Sheraton National) for a few weeks for work and was pleased with my stay. The Sheraton Pentagon City have been going through some renovations and the gym is brand new The staff at the Sheraton Pentagon City is friendly and has gone out of their way to help even when they are busy. The Club Lounge is excellent! The morning and evening staff that work that Club Lounge have always gone out of their way to make sure the Lounge is clean, well-stocked with beverages and food, and they are so cheerful and efficient, that they make my stay at the hotel a pleasant one. The Sheraton Pentagon City also provides a free shuttle ride to Pentagon City Mall/Metro which is convenient to grab a bite. The rooms are spacious and if you are lucky enough, you can have a great view of the DC skyline. I look forward to staying at the Sheraton Pentagon City in the future.

Dear cqtraveller1,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel while in the Greater Washington DC area. It was great to share with our team your kind words on your experience.

We are very excited to offer the new gym facility and look forward to re-opening our pool to further enhance the experience you can have on your future visits to our hotel.

The Club Lounge team were quite appreciative of your kind words on your experience of service and their personal touch for you while you are here with us.

We look forward to continually having you here with us and please do not hesitate to let us know how we can make your experience with us even greater on your future stays with us.

Thank for your time and selection. We look to see you soon.

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here for an extended weekend over Veterans Day. The staff was very nice and so willing to help out. The hotel provided free shuttles to Reagan airport and the closest Metro Station, which also happened to be right outside a large mall. The shuttles ran every half hour and seemed to be on time all weekend long.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff was flexible in cleaning our room as we tended to sleep in and stay past their normal cleaning times. The beds and pillows were a bit soft for my tastes, but still comfortable.

The fire alarm did go off one late night. The evacuation process was very simple and the staff was great in directing guests where to go. The fire department was very quick in responding and were there by the time we got outside from the 8th floor. Fortunately, there was no emergency and we were allowed to go back inside within 15 minutes. The next morning we found an apology letter under our door from the manager.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I specifically requested a City View room and was not disappointed in the very least...one large window afforded me a complete city view from the National Airport to the National Cathedral. Gorgeous. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff friendly and room service very convenient. The hotel's location requires a vehicle to get around. However, there are plenty of taxis to take you one minute down the road to the Village of Shirlington and its night life, or to a Subway/Metro shop. The hotel has been around for over 40 years but you would not know this from the interior design, very modern. Definitely a place I would book again for either myself or friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CSEMcCauley
Dublin
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the Marine Corps Marathon. We were treated so great! When we showed up our room smelled like must/cat and they apologized, moved us immediately and gave us complimentary breakfast for the whole family and free parking. They were so kind. I also packed my breakfast for race day morning. We asked if they had a microwave we could use and they sent a microwave to our room right away for use.
They front desk was helpful. It was a GREAT location to stay for the Marathon. A shuttle took us right to the metro where the start was just two stops away. The breakfast was delicious. Great atmosphere at a great price. I would definately stay here again. The only down side was the pool was closed for renovation. I will look forward to staying here next time we visit DC and using the pool!!
We even called to let them know we were having trouble getting back after the race (all cabbies were taken and metro line looped around building) we called so we would not be billed another whole night. They took care of us yet again. We were treated so great. It felt like we were staying at a friends house instead of a large chain hotel. When we go back we will not stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ashley S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Shanna H,

We are always glad to host you at your home away from home. We hope and desire each of guests to have a similar experience as you.

Sorry our pool was closed during your stay, we have since re-opened the pool and look to have you here and enjoy it. We have great views from the pool area, which I know you will be able to enjoy on your next visit.

The Marathon is a great event and we are so excited to host you and many other atheletes in town for such an amazing event.

Thanks for everything and we are glad to be your friend and host you at your second home...\

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staying here for a work trip and ended up at this hotel because of a conference. Was expecting to get into the city pretty easily (from NYC) to be able to meet up with a few friends to find that the hotel is pretty isolated and requires a shuttle (only one every half hour) to get to the closest Metro stop.

The first room I was put in had flying ladybugs (two of them). I called immediately to get my room changed and the receptionist gladly moved me to the club floor to a new room. I found myself in a room next to someone who had the hotel room phone constantly ringing (and I could hear it) because the walls are so thin (and who has people call them on their hotel phones- sounds like a scary movie)?

It's 189/night to stay here and there are no restaurants close by minus one Ethopian restaurant which is still a little walk. The restaurant in the lobby is annoyingly expensive and the food is entirely underwhelming.

For 189 dollars, I could stay at the Grand Hyatt in Dupont Circle, probably with better everything. Not worth it to stay in Arlington, next to nothing but the um, Pentagon.

Dear AnuM2011,

Let me first thank you for taking your time out to share your feedback of your experience with our hotel. Our team was sad to hear of your experiences here. We understand our location may not be convenient for all guests, which is why we try to accomodate in other ways. However, we were not successful in doing this with you and on behalf of the team, I do apologize for the lack of a great experience.

We have reviewed your thoughts from your experience in regards to pricing, etc. and we are seeing what options we can take to ensure your next stay with us will be great and you will feel your experience meets the value of the amount spent for staying with us. We know we are continually growing and improving to ensure no further similar issues or concerns are experienced.

Thanks again for your time and we do look to host you in the future. We hope you will consider us on your future visits to this area.

Kind Regards,