“A bit off the beaten track, but enjoyable nonetheless.”

Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I spent five days here at this hotel. The room was alright. Nothing remarkable despite paying almost $200 a night. The room was clean, bed was great but the rooms look dated. Just a plane clock radio, no Ipod player.

I was placed in the loyalty floor and the only difference I could detect was a bottle of water the first day of my stay. The bathroom is small, as is the closet. This hotel is out of the way. A short shuttle drive (hotel provides) from the Regan Airport but not close to much of anything at all. The hotel did provide a shuttle to Pentagon City where we could catch the Metro (subway) to sight-see. Although close to Arlington National Cemetery, to get into the Cemetery we had to ride the shuttle to Pentagon City and catch a subway to the main gate. No restaurants nearby beside the one in the hotel so it was expensive and limited to eat anyplace else. The amenities were average. The little cotton balls and q-tips were available the first day but not replenished. There was a coffee pot in the room but only one serving of coffee was stocked. Room service was expensive. Two bowls of oatmeal and a container of coffee was $29. There is a coffee bar until 11am and I could buy the same thing for $15. The hotel has a roof top swimming pool but it was closed during our visit for the remodel. The view from my room was the opposite side of D.C. fortunately one of the women who worked at the hotel let us in a conference room in the evening so we could enjoy the view of D.C.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is not near the construction. It was noisy during the day, hammering and d...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
SRagosta, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Ms. Patspell,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton National for your recent stay here in DC.

I first wanted to apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. We pride ourselves at providing an unparalleled level of service and obviously we fell short.

The hotel’s location actually is a hidden gem. The shuttle service provides access to the metro but also Pentagon Row which is attached to one of the largest malls in the area. This provides access to numerous restaurants and shops. This allows for a short metro ride to the National Mall and the Smithsonian. Also, a revitalization is ongoing on Columbia Pike just a few blocks away. Within walking distance is now a brand new pubs, restaurants, wine bars and shops.

On property we provide 4 dining options for breakfast. As you mentioned there is room service and the barista. There also is our full service restaurant that has two options, a full Hot American Buffet that changes daily and an a la carte option. These four options hit all price points and we even provided room packages that include breakfast at a discount.

As in the other review, we apologize for the pool “renovation”. We actually are only fixing the pool’s surface and it should be open soon. We apologize for the noise that you encountered and I hope that you brought this to our attention as we always want feedback; even if it is negative. Any feeback is a great tool for us to better train our associates.

Again, thank you for staying with us and on your next visit please reach out to me as I would like to take care of your breakfast.

Scott Ragosta
Guest Relations Manager
Scott.ragosta@sheratonnational.com
703.271.6603

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Reviewed February 16, 2012

If you want to look out your hotel window and see the Washington Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, U.S. Capitol Building, and the Jefferson Memorial - stay at the Sheraton National Hotel and request an upper floor view of the city. You'll be impressed. There are very few buildings that have a view of D.C. This is one of them.

It helps to have a car if you stay here. The hotel is under renovation. My room was a Priceline deal on the 12th floor. It was recently renovated. Basically, it's brand new. The bath is fine. The bed is comfortable. There's a new flat screen TV. They have excellent canvas photos of DC sites.

While there are a lot of add-on costs, like parking, I guess because of the construction, the wifi is free right now. I've stayed here many years ago. And I would stay here again. Recommended.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor with a view of DC.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Hi Warwick Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We are always interested in hearing our guests' feedback. While it may have seemed like we are under renovation when you were here, we actually are only top dressing the pool's surface.

I am glad that you were able to see the amazing view, especially in the morning as you can see the sun rise above our National Treasures.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we enjoyed hearing your feedback.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The staff was friendly and did their best to help us sort our key-card situation (we had to get our cards re-programmed twice). The front desk also immediately sent someone up when the phone in one of our two rooms wasn't working.

Aside from the technical difficulties, this was an average stay. I felt like the price didn't justify the room, and that I'd been to cheaper hotels with more amenities and better decor.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Most friendly hotel staff in DC area! I've been to DC a few times for conferences. This was the first time our conference was held at the Sheraton National. The conference room was a little tight, but the staff was the most friendly I've ever encountered in this area. My room was very clean and comfortable and had a great view of the Arlington National Cemetery and DC. The bathroom was VERY clean. The temperature control was on the wall (not on the actual heater) worked perfectly. There was complimentary water in my room daily. The fitness room was equipped with 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines (not working while I was there), and 2 stationary bikes plus some weights and machines. Bring your own headphones to watch the TV on the machines. And if you want, you can climb the stairs up to your room for exercise. The stairway was well lit and clean. The only negative is the location - not near anything except for an Ethiopian restaurant right down the street. However, there is a shuttle service to the Pentagon City mall and metro station if you want public transportation. Overall, love the hotel and staff. Location not as desirable for sightseeing.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor facing the city. I had room 920 which had a great view and was quiet.
1  Thank airjo
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here for a week during a conference. It's a nice Sheraton, even though it might be a little dated.

Pro:

Great service - I ordered room service a few times and the food always arrive within 20 min. The staff were very friendly, every time I called the front desk they knew my name.

Great food - Even though there is only one restaurant in the hotel, the food variety was good. I ordered different things from the menu, including appetizer, salad, main entry, and desert. Everything was made fresh and delicious

Shuttle - There is a shuttle bus that goes to the local mall / metro station every 30 min. Pickup is at the same drop off point and it's every 15 / 45. Very easy to use and good mall to walk around.

Big romm - The room itself was nice and comfortable. I have a king sized bed room on the 9th floor. Very nice bed and it's big.

WIFI - It was including in my room rate as I was there for a conference. WIFI worked well in room and good speed.

Con

Location -There is nothing around the hotel you can walk to, so use the shuttle if you don't have a car

Room Tip: Stay in the main building and if you want a view get high floor rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel was about average for a Sherton. Great place for business. The rooms were fine, quiet, and comfortable beds. I had some difficulty with the electric socket in my room (the one by the mirror) and the staff was very plesant and helped with my problem. The breakfast is also a great option for those on business and need a quick bite to eat. My one main complaint is the confusion on the layout of the hotel. If you are located in the other tower it can be confusing to find your room.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Before reserving the hotel rooms for a family gathering in December, I saw the indoor swimming pool listed as a feature. I packed all my swimming gear in the luggage and looked forward to nice workout in the pool. The morning after we checked in, I walked to the swimming pool from the fitness room locker room and found the door locked. I called down to the desk to find someone with a key. The Sheraton associate assured me that I had misread the notice outside the door. Sure enough, in fine print, the sign read that the pool opened at 5:00 pm, not 5:00 am, and closed at 10 pm. Since I was checking out by 12 noon, not much chance that I would hang around till 5:00 pm to use the pool. There is a separate charge for parking underneath the hotel. Not much street parking in the adjoining streets. The rooms were adequate and beds were comfortable. Bathroom sink is outside toilet, so that one person can shower while the other brushes teeth. The highlight was the breakfast buffet in the lobby level restaurant, where the Maitre D let us eat in the Executive Room, set aside for groups of 14 or more. It was almost enough to make me forget about the pool, as I packed all my swimming gear back in the luggage for checkout. Front desk did apologize that they did not have lifeguards available during the daylight hours.

Room Tip: It's the tallest building for several blocks in every direction, so view is fine from every room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family