2 people are viewing this hotel
$151
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$151
FindHotel
$126
Sheraton.com$151
Hotels.com$151
Priceline$151
1,580 results
All reviews the air force memorial pentagon city front desk free shuttle hotel restaurant dca airport parking garage fitness center capital potomac virginia uber
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I thought this was going to be a nice hotel to spend the last night of my vacation in, wrong. The lobby was nice enough, but the rooms were dirty, and in need of some serious upgrades. We had to change rooms a couple times finally settling in the third room, all of which were alittle stale, lampshades cracked and on crooked, stains on the carpets and the duvet covers...gross. we had a doube room, one bed was comfortable the other had a huge sag on one side and felt like it was stuffed with tiny styrofoam balls, weird, loud and not very comfortable. Finally the pool area, the lifeguard was pleasant, but the pool itself left a lot to be desired, once again, needs updated and there was a lot of mildew on the walls surrounding the pool.

1  Thank danib71
Marietta Hipolito, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2021

Thank you for being our guest with Sheraton Pentagon City. We value your feedback.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We booked our travel through ORBITZ, which turned out well for the "name your own price".

We checked in on July 28th and the man at the lobby desk was wonderful! Helped us by providing us information about the subway, buses, etc and gave great suggestions for dinner.

The room was nice and looked newly renovated. We did not get a room with a good view, but didnt matter too much becuase we were not in the room much.

The business center offered free internet, which came to be very helpful for us! There were 4 PCs to use so we didnt have to wait.

The shuttle service was rarely on time! Which was a huge downfall for us because we didnt have a car. They left the hotel on time, but the pick up times were off! We actually had to call the hotel twice to see about the last pick up time. We ended up taking a cab becuase the shuttle never showed. The hotel comped us free breakfast for the trouble, but it was quite annoying that they were not reliable. (The breakfast buffet was great and filling with a varitey of options.)

The location was ok, but I think our next trip to the DC area could be farther out of the city as long as we were within a short walking distance to the subway so we didnt have to rely on the hotel shuttles.

Pets are allowed (not 100% sure, but there were pets on our floor). Which actually got annoying because they barked constantly! So, when booking, ask to be on a pet free floor.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I just returned from a meeting at this hotel. I stayed at this same hotel last year for this same meeting. My impressions are similar although my room this year seemed less well maintained.

Bottom line: Although this hotel has a few positive aspects, I would not recommend it. I have stayed here twice but only because a meeting was held here that I had to attend. I certainly would not return otherwise.

Positives:

Beds were very comfortable and sheets seemed clean.

The front desk and other staff were helpful and polite, as I would expect at a hotel such as a Sheraton.

The hotel does have a free shuttle to National Airport and to the Metro.

Food that the hotel provided at the meeting I attended was reasonable.

Pool and gym were nice a year ago,though I did not use them on this visit.

Negatives:

The location is not at all convenient if one plans sightseeing in Washington or wants to eat outside of the hotel. I typically take the Metro when I am in the Washington DC area but the hotel shuttle runs only every 30 minutes and the pick up times from the metro back to the hotel are not always consistent. The nearest restaurants outside the hotel also require driving or taking the shuttle. Taking a cab would also be an option but it can take 15 to 20 minutes to get one.

Rooms were not well maintained. Carpets had multiple spots and seemed grungy. Bedside telephone did not work and on inspection had no associated wires to even allow it to be reconnected. The only cups were small plastic ones and hot cups for the coffee maker, no glasses as at most hotels of this class. Only body lotion and conditioner (but no shampoo) was set out when I went to shower the first morning.

Additional costs:

Parking is $20 a night, expected in the city ( but this is not in the city and has none of the city conveniences). At least one can come and go from the garage as much as you wish.

Internet: extra, as at many upscale hotels. However, internet is often free at other hotels where I've stayed that offered a better overall experience than this one.

Movies: I ordered a movie and thought the displayed price was $14.99. My bill said $20.39 and the desk clerk said this was the correct price. Perhaps I misread the screen but I can't imagine that I would have ordered the movie if this price had been displayed.

1  Thank LotsaTraveling

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed here one night for a Jimmy Buffett concert in Bristow, VA. Only about a 10min drive from DCA airport which was my main consideration. Very close to Pentagon, right next to Arlington National Cemetary, only about 10min drive into DC.

Restaurant lunch was good. Staff was freindly and helpful. As earlier reviews state overnight parking is $20 but at least the garage is very convenient. And you pay $11 for WiFi, but that is typical of most America business class hotels. Room itslef was only $99 which I thought was good value. There is an airport shuttle in case you don't need a car.

My room had a nice view, was spacious. Bathroom sink is outside the shower/toilet area which is smart if you are sharing the room with someone. Pool area on roof was nice.

I would stay here again or recommend this hotel to friends.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed at this hotel recently while attending a business conference. It is a good hotel just next to washington DC. The best part of the hotel is its highly professional staff who would go overboard to make sure your requirements are met. The rooms and the bathroom were however a bit small compared to normal sheraton standards. There are malls close to the hotel where you can get every of your needs. Other than this there is nothing negative that i found with the hotel. The beds were highly comfortable. Overall, a very pleasant stay. Oh, and forgot to mention that the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to the Metro Station.

Date of stay: August 2011