“A nice property. Average rooms at a good price. GREAT service.”

The Westin Crystal City
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I took my mom to DC for her birthday and we stayed at this property. The rooms were adequate but the service impeccable. In fact, the hotel manager sent up wine and chocolate for my mom's birthday. She was very impressed by this.

As a business traveler (road warrior) I stay in Starwood hotels often. I would stay here again and found it convenient to DC and to area attractions. Also, Sheraton "Business Centers" are very convenient and easy to access. Important to anyone trying to print a boarding pass. They have plenty of computers and large LCD screens.

Hotel management get an A+ for being so considerate to my mom.

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed July 17, 2009

The hotel is worth the $71 bid on priceline. (Not worth $10 more then that). It's your basic no thrill hotel. Not as good as your average embassy suites - but OK.

The catch is $22.50 per day parking. (We stayed 4 nights) I called the hotel in advance - no exceptions! Really? This hotel is 1 mile from Reagan International so I thought - for $50 I'll park at Reagan and walk a mile. I went on the Reagan website for long term parking and eventually found this site

IT IS THE SAME PARKING LOT AS THE HOTEL ! (Just don't take the shuttle). Pay $10.00 per day with a $5.00 reservation fee. It works and saved me half.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SweeneyTravelor
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (Sun-Wed) with my spouse while on vacation in DC. I booked this hotel through a discounts site for $75 a night. It was well worth the money! Hotel is very clean, staff is courteous and the location is superb.

First, the metro (blue and yellow line) is one block from the hotel. This made travel into DC a breeze. Second, there is a large shopping center behind the hotel that has everything from soup to nuts. You should know that most of the shops are closed on Sunday. We found this out when we ventured out for lunch. It turned out to be very convenient for food and forgotten items.

What impressed me the most about the hotel however was the customer service. I was unaware that the hotel was renovating their garage when I booked the room. The renovations were from 8am-6pm. Other than when we arrived and were checking in, the noise never bothered us during our stay. It was actually more like white noise versus clanging. To offset the inconvenience of the renovation the hotel offered complimentary continental breakfast from 7-9am, happy hour hors d'ourves from 5-7pm, and free internet in your room. The free internet was especially nice as we were vacationing and wanted to use our computer to research the area and keep in touch with home. There is still a fee for parking however. I would have traded the food and internet for free parking. As the complimentary food was very basic (danish/coffee, cheese/cracker/veggie) and there are many places around the city with free internet. Parking was $20 a day and that is steep for a few days. Especially since the car was filthy when we left the garage.

All in all the hotel was more than adequate, the pros far outweighed the cons and the price couldn't be beat. It was my first stay at a Sheraton and I would be willing to give it a second visit. However, I am not sure I would be willing to pay full price to stay in VA when I could pay the same to stay inside DC.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrsbaru
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I was in town for a large conference. I decided to stay at the Sheraton instead of the Marriott right next door because of better pricing, eventhough I am a member of both organizations' frequent stay program.

My number one compliment is the service. I cannot remember a hotel where I stayed where the general manager is in the lobby area greeting customers and solving problems. This exemplifies a dedication to guests. As a result, the staff is friendly and helpful. Even the driver to Reagan National Airport (free service provided by the hotel very half an hour) was friendly and helpful.

The rooms are dated, but some upgrades are evident, such as a flat screen LCD TV. But most importantly, the rooms are clean. There is a nice fitness center with two new treadmills and ellipitcals. Although I mentioned the service to Reagan National, what I did not mention is that the ride to the airport is 5 minutes!

Overall, I very pleasant hotel. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ViennaLover
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed here for one night before our 10-day wedding/honeymoon. I was very impressed with the room, super comfortable bed, very clean. Check in was simple. Parking was provided in a garage, all of our luggage was taken to our room. We were flying out at 5am the shuttle was not running yet so they called us a taxi "on them".
It was a little difficult upon returning, we took a taxi back and they were unable to locate our portfolio to charge the cab ride back but was resolved quickly.
Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I stayed at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel for one night (April 13th) with my family. It was a nice hotel. The room was very clean. Had a flat screen television. The bathroom seemed small. It was conveniently located near the airport and close to the D.C. tourist attractions.
The only complaint I had was that I booked the hotel through hotwire, and they listed the hotel as having a pool, which is why I chose the hotel due to having a 9 y/o son. When speaking to the staff at the hotel when checking in , I was informed that they had a pool at one time, but no longer have a pool. I also spoke to a staff member when checking out, who told me they had a pool at one time, but no longer have a pool, with construction going on where the pool used to be. I did notify hotwire of this, and I was told they contacted the hotel and they were told the pool was closed because the pool is seasonal (closed during cold months). I called back the hotel and asked if they would have a pool if I booked a room in July, and again was told they do not have a pool, and have no plans on having a pool. I emailed back Hotwire telling them of my most recent call and adding about the construction going on where the pool used to be. Hotwire was kind enough to credit me "hotwire dollars," but claimed they again contacted the hotel (same person who said they contacted the hotel the first time) and was told they verified "their pool was closed due to seasonal reasons, and also was under construction." This contradicts what two staff members told me at the hotel and what another staff member told me over the phone. I am sure staff at the Sheraton read the reviews. If I am wrong, please correct me. Otherwise, know the hotel does not have a pool.
Putting the pool aside, it was a very nice hotel and would highly recommend it. I am also a big fan of hotwire, have used them multiple times in the past, and plan on using hotwire in the future. I am just frustrated that they will not acknowledge that the hotel no longer has a pool.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I stayed here for my last night in DC after staying at a "boutique" hotel for the previous four days. The Sheraton Crystal city was somuch better than the historic hotel we came from. It was very spacious, well decorated. It was pretty clean, though the mirror in our room was actually falling off the wall and I fixed it myself. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even at six in the morning when loading up for the free airport shuttle. When we asked for a few different ammenities, the desk staff brought it up to our room immediately and on multiple trips. The hotel was very nice for one of your larger chain hotels, at least for the price I paid. I booked it for $69 per night through hotwire and honestly have been trying to book again for a price that's even close for when I return in the summer and have not been successful. I grew up staying in five star hotels in Europe and I honestly would really enjoy staying here again. Also has a nice underground mall system that is one block from the hotel and spans forever it seems!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business