“Comfortable and spacious”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas
“Comfortable and spacious”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I stayed here for my last night in DC after staying at a "boutique" hotel for the previous four days. The Sheraton Crystal city was somuch better than the historic hotel we came from. It was very spacious, well decorated. It was pretty clean, though the mirror in our room was actually falling off the wall and I fixed it myself. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even at six in the morning when loading up for the free airport shuttle. When we asked for a few different ammenities, the desk staff brought it up to our room immediately and on multiple trips. The hotel was very nice for one of your larger chain hotels, at least for the price I paid. I booked it for $69 per night through hotwire and honestly have been trying to book again for a price that's even close for when I return in the summer and have not been successful. I grew up staying in five star hotels in Europe and I honestly would really enjoy staying here again. Also has a nice underground mall system that is one block from the hotel and spans forever it seems!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
hull
Reviewed March 27, 2009

This hotel would be superb if it weren't for the fact that due to it being near Washington Airport and fellow guests arrived late at night and also early morning and then put TV banging doors etc disturbing sleep. The rooms very spacious and luxourious. very easy to get to Washington city by subway only 5 mins walk from hotel. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This trip was personal, where I was in for 3 nights and out again. I needed something cheap and pleasant for my son and myself. Wow! I was blown away. Especially for the price. WAY beyond expectations. This is an outstanding hotel. It is close to major attractions, the Metro and Hiway 1. Having been recently rennovated, it is up to date and comfortable. Especially given the expense of hotels in the area, it is an absolute bargain!

The area around the hotel is a mixture of residential and hotels, with most of the structures having been built w/in the last 25 years. There is new construction going on less than a mile away and just about anything one could want is a short taxi ride away. All the D.C. attractions are just across the Patomac, one or 2 metro stops away, making this an ideal place to retreat from the usual hustle and bustle.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I enjoyed my one day stay at the Sheraton. I chose this hotel for it’s proximately to the Metro and the Pentagon. I easily found a parking spot, and checked into my room. Then, enjoying the warm day, I walked over to the Pentagon. After my meetings, I came back to the Sheraton in time for the Manager’s reception. The food was fine and there was free soda and alcohol. The staff interacted with us during the reception, which I enjoyed.

Finally, I made it to my room, which was very good; spacious and quiet.

The next day, since the price did not come with free breakfast, I took the Metro to the Pentagon and ate there. I came back for my car, and since I stayed 24 ½ hours, I had to pay more than one days rate ($33).

I would stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Parking Fees
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, but not since 2005. This time I found a very good rate of $119 over the weekend. Usually it costs more than $200 to stay here. My room had a view of Jefferson Davis Highway and the pool at Marriott Crystal City. The Sheraton does not have a pool anymore. The room had an empty fridge so I could put a lot of drinks in there. The hotel is only a block from the Metro and the Crystal City mall, which has a Riteaid and Sbarro, which I like to visit for groceries and takeout respectivelyi. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was tiny, but both the bathtub and shower were good. Internet was $9.95 for a day, but you could go down to the lobby and get free Internet use. Probably the best part of this stay was after checking in on Valentine's Day to be given a small plate of minicakes by housekeeping and wished Happy Valentine's Day. It was certainly not expected and was a nice gesture by the hotel.

USA
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Stayed here because I got an excellent price on roundtrip airfare from EWR + 2 nights for $250. I booked a king bed since I was traveling alone but somehow ended up in a room with double beds. Also, I was on a low floor (4) with a view of nothing (a highway). I couldn't really hear any outside noise though. The rooms are updated, nice, and very clean. LCD TV, frig, and coffee maker are in the rooms. Don't believe that they provide Starbucks coffee for the in room coffee makers though because they don't.
What I really liked: Crystal City is a great place to stay while visiting DC! It's a nice corner of Arlington just across the river from DC. I'm a girl traveling alone and felt perfectly safe walking around this area at 1 AM, which I cannot say for many areas in DC proper. Very close to Reagan Airport also. The Metro is right down the street and makes commuting to the city very easy without a car. Also, if you're a Zipcar member, there are a few available just outside the hotel.
What I didn't like: In room WiFi is expensive ($10 per day). On my first day in the room, an unknown man opened my door with a key card?!? He went away and I immediately reported the incident to the hotel operator but am still asking myself WTH that was all about. The showers are really strange and have the worst water pressure ever. You have to pull on the spigot to engage the shower. Be prepared to take baths. The water pressure is just that inadequate IMO!

• Liked — location, easy to get to the Metro and around DC
  • Disliked — shower
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lemongrrl
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I enjoyed the stay at Sheraton Crystal City.

Location:
It's very close from both the airport (free shuttle - we had a really nice, attentive driver) and Metro station. It was surprising easy to use Metro to get to DC.

Not too far away from 23rd Street, where they have many restaurants (less than 10 minutes? walk).

Staff:
The staff at the counter was helpful when we asked questions about the area.

Room:
Clean, updated room.
Three things I was not happy about the room: Coffee maker, the wall, and the price for in-room internet.

The coffee maker in our room had wrong-size coffee packet and it was hard to make decent cup of coffee. The lobby had free hot drink (it was hot apple cider one day) and apples, so that was nice.

The wall is too thin and the connecting door between our room and next door had a big gap at the bottom. We could hear people next to us talking. I was really disappointed at this.

I was also disappointed that they didn't have free in-room internet . I think the do in the lobby (they had computers and a printer so you can check-in for flight and print out your tickets).

Overall:
I think this place was a good choice for my trip. Except for the three things about the room, I was very happy about the stay.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — Noise Level
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank orangestar22