“Very comfortable and convenient” 5 of 5 stars

The Westin Crystal City
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Very comfortable and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel had wonderful beds, was a close ride to the airport and a short walk to the nearby metro. It's a big name hotel and it met all of my expectations. I'd happily stay here again when my trip centers around Reagan airport.

The metro makes is easy to get into the District quickly, and have an affordable and comfortable stay with a shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank AdamERWhite
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 trip advisor rating! We are honored that we were able to make your stay exceptional. If you would "happily stay" with us here again, we would be delighted to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel again, because of its great location. The hotel itself really needs an update (it is officially getting a renovation from APR to AUG). Despite this, I still had a great experience interacted with the staffs there. I would like to recognize front desk staffs "Ranjit" and "Tang" for their friendliness, they were also very attentive. Additionally, restaurant staffs "America" and " Maria" just simply made my day with their great service attitude.
I hope the hotel would recognize their great service and the new Westin would keep all these great staffs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jefferson L
Thank you so much for the gracious review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Crystal City! We are proud to have great ambassadors on our staff like Ranjit, Tang, Maria, America and so many others that create exceptional experiences for all of our guests. They truly make us shine. We look forward to welcoming you back after our renovations. See you soon!
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, close-by to many dining options, and across the street from the Crystal City Metro stop. Apparently the hotel will close in April 2014 for remodeling, to be reopened in the fall under new ownership. The staff were great, but the hotel has become a bit run-down and will benefit from a bit of a face-lift. I wish it would continue to be a Sheraton but understand it was purchased by Westin.

Room Tip: Front desk check-in help by Ranjit was gracious and exceptional. I was also very impressed and well...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Susan B
Julie Y, Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Susan,

I would like to personally thank you for providing a review for your most recent stay. As our global travelers place increasing importance on testimonials from other guests, we truly look forward to hearing from you. We are very much looking forward to our upcoming renovations and we hope that you will come visit with us again soon after we reopen as the Westin Crystal City!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Happened to stay here for a good friend's surprise bachelor party.
Great rooms, comfortable and clean. Free wifi. The Metro is about
a block or so away, long blocks though. The parking area is a bit
cramped though. The restaurant was great, took advantage of the
brunch the next morning to ah, soak up the festivities from last
night better.

Room Tip: Be mindful of booking on weekends as this is a premier spot for conventions in the area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Christopher S
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Christopher S,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed our hotel.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung, GM
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked 2 rooms here to celebrate my best friend's birthday and I was well pleased with the quality of service that I received. I am a SPG member so I expected a good stay as the Sheraton has never disappointed however this was the best so far. First off Ranjid the front desk agent went above and beyond to make sure that my friend enjoyed her birthday. He was very helpful, polite, professional and extremely accommodating. My rooms were clean and comfortable, all of the staff members that we encountered were very pleasant, they all greeted us with a smile.The breakfast buffet was great everything tasted good. I also paid a very reasonable price for 2 rooms. Parking was a little tight in the garage, however I was always able to get a decent spot and there was plenty of lighting. The elevator from the garage was fast so no long wait. I plan on staying here again whenever I am in the area!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the city at night!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank caseegers
Julie Y, Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review about your most recent stay. We are so glad to hear how much you and your friend enjoyed her birthday weekend getaway and that Ranjit was able to make it special for you. We look forward to you returning to visit us again very soon!
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Sheraton location is great, a block from metro, but if you stayed in the Marriott across the street, the metro and shops/dining are conveniently located under the hotel. The hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. Room service is fast and food is tasty. Free wifi. No valet parking, and this was a disappointment. Self parking is under the hotel and was $18 per day...group rate I think, and dark and scary for a woman alone. No bellman upon check in, however the desk clerk ,Jerrell, was absolutely great and helped us with a big smile. Although solidly built, the rooms are not quiet, hallway noise and voices are easily heard in the room and all doors slam. Can hear the ice machine from room 505 even though two doors down. There were only two towels in the room upon check in to our double room, had to call for more. Our first day my daughter had to return to the room to get something while housekeeping was there. The housekeeper let her come in, and checked her room key appropriately, but then said "tip! tip!" As my daughter was leaving. To ask for and insist upon a tip from a teenager is just wrong. So the next day, our beds were made and room was otherwise untouched. Trash still in room, room service dishes on the bed...a halfway done job. Unsure if this is because she did not get a tip the previous day. Our stay could have been better. Many in our group (volleyball team) had hotel stories and it became a joke during our three day stay. If I had a choice, I would probably choose a different hotel. Generally in need of renovation.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from vending machine and elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank MACVirginia
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear MACVirginia,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Sheraton Crystal City. We very deeply value all our guests’ experiences and certainly do care about the issues you experienced. I assure you that the service you received is not our standard. We strive for 100% Guest satisfaction and unfortunately we have failed to live up to our expectations. I am happy to hear that Jarrell did go above and beyond to assist you. However in regards to the housekeeping situation, I have passed along this message to our executive housekeeper. I do hope we might have another opportunity to be of service in order to make things right. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly and I will personally look after your accommodations.

Kind Regards,
Julie Yeung
Frankenmuth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here on Valentines Day 2014---Alone. I was trying to get home after the big snow the DC area had here. Well this hotel was great. My room was excellent with couch and chairs as well as a small bar area with refrigerator. I have stayed here before and nothing has changed since my last visit. Everything was clean and well appointed. My bed was excellent and the sheets were soft yet crisp just the way I like them. The heater blower had a little rumble to it but I sleep in so many hotel rooms that I look at it as my white noise maker. I have been very impressed with all the Sheraton Hotels I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear MSM19,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again real soon.

Warmest Regards,