“Service Not quite what I expected...”

The Westin Crystal City
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Sheraton location is great, a block from metro, but if you stayed in the Marriott across the street, the metro and shops/dining are conveniently located under the hotel. The hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. Room service is fast and food is tasty. Free wifi. No valet parking, and this was a disappointment. Self parking is under the hotel and was $18 per day...group rate I think, and dark and scary for a woman alone. No bellman upon check in, however the desk clerk ,Jerrell, was absolutely great and helped us with a big smile. Although solidly built, the rooms are not quiet, hallway noise and voices are easily heard in the room and all doors slam. Can hear the ice machine from room 505 even though two doors down. There were only two towels in the room upon check in to our double room, had to call for more. Our first day my daughter had to return to the room to get something while housekeeping was there. The housekeeper let her come in, and checked her room key appropriately, but then said "tip! tip!" As my daughter was leaving. To ask for and insist upon a tip from a teenager is just wrong. So the next day, our beds were made and room was otherwise untouched. Trash still in room, room service dishes on the bed...a halfway done job. Unsure if this is because she did not get a tip the previous day. Our stay could have been better. Many in our group (volleyball team) had hotel stories and it became a joke during our three day stay. If I had a choice, I would probably choose a different hotel. Generally in need of renovation.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from vending machine and elevators.
2  Thank MACVirginia
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear MACVirginia,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Sheraton Crystal City. We very deeply value all our guests’ experiences and certainly do care about the issues you experienced. I assure you that the service you received is not our standard. We strive for 100% Guest satisfaction and unfortunately we have failed to live up to our expectations. I am happy to hear that Jarrell did go above and beyond to assist you. However in regards to the housekeeping situation, I have passed along this message to our executive housekeeper. I do hope we might have another opportunity to be of service in order to make things right. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly and I will personally look after your accommodations.

Kind Regards,
Julie Yeung

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here on Valentines Day 2014---Alone. I was trying to get home after the big snow the DC area had here. Well this hotel was great. My room was excellent with couch and chairs as well as a small bar area with refrigerator. I have stayed here before and nothing has changed since my last visit. Everything was clean and well appointed. My bed was excellent and the sheets were soft yet crisp just the way I like them. The heater blower had a little rumble to it but I sleep in so many hotel rooms that I look at it as my white noise maker. I have been very impressed with all the Sheraton Hotels I have stayed at recently.

Dear MSM19,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again real soon.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Every time I go to this hotel, I always get an amazing service from the staff ,especially a gentle man by the name Ranjit. He is extremely professional and friendly , to my amazement he recognizes me every time I showed up. The hotel is great and because of the excellent treatment I get from the staff, I put this hotel as my primary preference when I travel the DC area ,either for business or leisure. I couldn't ask for a better staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Getahun,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and excited to hear such great positive comments about our front desk associates. As this truley what defines customer service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is your average Sheraton, so you get good quality and good service. I have stayed here a few times as it is generally less expensive than other Starwood properties in DC. So a good value for the money. It is also a block from the Crystal City Metro with access to the Yellow and Blue lines. It is a quick and easy ride into DC.

3  Thank Adam R
Julie Y, Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hi Adam,

I am happy to hear that you found our accomodations to be valuable and convenient for you! DC has a lot to offer and we are so glad that you chose us to spend your time while exploring it. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great location. I love that this hotel has everything you will need and love while traveling or vacationing. The fitness center is very comfortable. It has all of your updated equipment and very bright with windows overlooking the city. I like how comfortable the staff makes me feel every time I check in (especially the welcome from Jarrell) and I find the restaurant menu to be reasonable and offers many options, whether it be you want to have appetizers and beverages at the bar or sit and enjoy the restaurant. The lobby area attached to the restaurant/bar area is great with computers and couches so you can use the computers in a very comfortable setting. I just love the hotel. If you are thinking of staying in Crystal City, VA, I would highly recommend you check out this hotel. The restaurant staff is awesome as well. I love my room. Clean and large with refrigerator and all updates you can think of to make you feel right at home.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 10th floor and just a couple of rooms down from the elevator. I was very happy...
2  Thank Linda A

Hi Linda! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are quite proud to have people on our staff like Jarrell, who go above and beyond to create a welcoming experience for our guests. We strive to create exceptional experiences for each and every one of our guests so please come and visit with us again the next time you are in the Crystal City area!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Sheraton Crystal City Hotel always provide me with excellent customer service. Mr. Ranjit always present himself in a professional and courteous manner and always provide me or my party with excellent customer service.

3  Thank Convass
Julie Y, Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you so much for the great trip advisor review! We are truly proud to have ambassadors like Ranjit who go above and beyond to create exceptional stays for all of our guests. We truly appreciate our repeat guests as well. Without your loyalty, we wouldn't have guests to provide "Excellent Customer Service" to!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have had a fantastic time and experience in this Hotel, every thing was beyond expectation. I strongly recommend this place to high class travelers. It is exceptionally great location, makes it very close to many beautiful places in Virginia that you most see in your visit:
such as Pentagon Mall and Alexanderia down town. Which will expand your your limitations of enjoyment. It is also about 5 minutes away for our nation's capital Washington Dc. I am a big fan of Sheraton hotels and very loyal to them also. This place strengthen my loyalty and bonds with these pioneers in hospitality business... To feel you are home with some extra unexpected services you should visit this place. Among Varieties of choices in Crystal City this Sheraton sits on the top of other hotels in the area. I loved this place and I will always visit it .

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Hellman77

Your "wonderful experience" is what we hope to create for all of our guests that stay at the Sheraton Crystal City. I am so glad that through our ability to make you feel at home and our great location, we were successful in making your experience wonderful. Please come visit us again soon.