“Front Desk Staff, Ranjit - Superb”

The Westin Crystal City
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I ended up getting this hotel via hotwire and what a blessing. Coming off of a long international flight, I just needed a room to crash for the night before continuing on. Mr. Ranjit at the front desk bent over backwards to make sure I was accommodated; he provided a complimentary room upgrade, restaurant coupon, and most importantly an overall excellent and friendly attitude. Service like this is hard to come by these days, so I'll certainly be back again. Many thanks -

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Travis R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Meeting friends the day before an important meeting. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us all welcome. I will definitely make it a point to stay there in the future. Special kudos ot Alejandro, who welcomed us last Thursday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SpeedB0y
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Speedboy,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Crystal City. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the hotel staff are greatly appreciated. I am truly lucky to have service-oriented professionals like Alejandro on my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked here again to be near the airport, Reagan National DC. Upon arrival Alexandro took control and handled our room request and made our stay that much more enjoyable. We will return again, easy access to many restaurants and the metro.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Club Level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darin S
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I received a deal from LivingSocial.com and used it to stay her over the July 4th holiday. We made it a four day weekend and stayed here three nights. It is very close to the metro blue line making it a great place to stay and go see the sights.

The staff is outstanding; especially Victor who works the bar was wonderful. Our room did not have a refrigerator as advertised; once notified one arrived shortly already cold with ice in the tray. Any other simple requests were met with great service.

The pool on the roof though is completely non-functional.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Terry S,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Crystal City. I am pleased that you enjoyed the benefits of the living social deal. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Arlington Area

Warm Regards,

Julie Cashin Yeung

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I can honestly say that the staff of this hotel were very helpful and caring. Their first priority is the comfort of their customers. Two particular staff members, Arie and Arda (sorry if misspelled), were very helpful in helping me, and I thank them for everything for making my stay a pleasant one. I recommend this hotel for anyone who passes through the area, you are guaranteed great service!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Natasia J
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were working on our laptops in the lobby of the hotel and one of the concierges came up to my friend and myself and offered us complimentary bottled water and offered the club lounge for us to use. Overall they were very accommodating to all of our needs and attempted to assist us in any possible way.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kristen a
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family stayed at the Sheraton Crystal City on 6/30/13. We had come from a very unpleasant hotel experience in another city, and had an early flight the following day. The two gentlemen at the front desk (Anda and Ranjit) went the extra mile to make sure we had breakfast packed to eat on the way to the airport. Both were super helpful and polite. That, plus the overall cleanliness, order and "polish" of this hotel made me want to write my first review.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family