The Westin Crystal City
$209
Westin.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$161
ComfortInn
$170
$229
Renaissance Hotels
  • Room Service
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$170
$279
$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$144
$259
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
1,234 results
All reviewscrystal cityfront deskspg membermetro stationroom servicereagan airportdc areabusiness travelerchecking infree internetclose to the airportconvenient locationper dayfitness centerparking garagehotel shuttleblock
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room on Club Floor had very limited WiFi. When mentioned to staff, "Yes we are aware of the problem and working on it." This was Tuesday, by Friday it was still not working. I called their Tech Support every night. They rebooted the network and router and still did not work. REALLY?
Workaround was to go to the lobby, hope for an unused laptop and proceed to answer/work both personal and confidential business emails. The computers in the club lounge did not work.
While a bottle of wine was sent up, in hopes I would forget about WiFi not working?, it did not do the trick. They offered to move me for my last night stay (4th night), too little too late.
The Happy Hour in the Club Lounge was abyssmal. 2 out of 3 nights it was opened, the food was gone by 645pm and was not replenished while I was there. You had to ask the attendant for forks and plates. Not attentive at all
I had to ask for a breakfast voucher for my last day as the club lounge is not open on weekends. Service that morning was non-existant. I get better service at less expensive competitors and a better selection..

Room Tip: No pool/spa. If you want WiFi in your room, make sure it works or request to be moved.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Ipo 39,

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties that you encountered during your last visit. It is our goal to ensure that each guest is a 100 percent satisfied with their stay and we have failed to deliver our level of expectation. I completely understand how frustrating it would be to not be able to connect to the wifi while on a business trip. I am glad to hear that we did try to make the situation right by sending up a bottle of wine however as you mentioned this does not justify the fact that the wifi was not working. In regards to your comments about the lounge I have notified our restaurant manager to address the issues in the lounge. I do hope we might have another opportunity to be of service in order to make things right. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly and I will personally look after your accommodations.

Warmest Regards

Julie Cashin Yeung.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The exceptional service provided by Alexandro and front desk staff far exceeded our admittedly high expectations. We had to check out prematurely due to an early flight and when our flight was cancelled we called and the staff went out of their way to get our room back for us and then Alexandro really went the extra mile to extend our check out time to allow us some rest/relaxation prior to our rescheduled flight. Without his generousness and personal attention our trip would have ended with hassles, stress and exhaustion. Instead we are leaving refreshed and relaxed. We will definitely be staying at this hotel from now on and we are frequent visitors to D.C.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had two flights cancelled on the way out to our honeymoon destination (Maine) and ended up staying the night in DC. We actually ended up staying at this hotel by accident, but I'm glad we did! Since our bags were checked through to Maine, they were quick to get us a bag of toiletries and were very gracious in getting us a great rate on a room with a king bed. Anie Anda Ramir and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and make our stay as comfortable as possible. At the end of an awful travel day, the great customer service and nice overall facility made our detour way more pleasant. They literally couldn't have treated us better on our worst travel day ever.

Room Tip: We just asked for a king and they had one available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were not guests of the Sheraton to be honest, but we did park overnight as visitors. They are listed as allowing overnight parking to visitors and guests. The advertised rate is $22.50 overnight. We parked at 9:47am. The next morning at almost the exact same time, I went to pickup my car after an evening in the District only to find that the rate had suddenly jumped to $32.50. Seems they have a very interesting way of determining parking rates even though we had parked exactly 24 hours within their garage. Without getting a mathematician to check their numbers, I guess they count the time into the garage up to 11pm as one cost, then after 11pm the $22.50 kicks in. I didn't see that advertised or posted anywhere, but I guess this is their way of sticking it to a non-guest. I can only imagine what other hidden costs await anyone that actually stays in this hotel. As mentioned, I can't recommend or discourage staying in the Sheraton CC as we weren't guests, but anyone that wants to park here overnight and know what the final cost will be should be highly discouraged.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LibMan

Dear Libman,

Thank you for parking at the Sheraton Crystal City. I am sorry to hear to you were unaware of our parking prices. At the entrance of our parking gate we do have a sign that has listed all the details of our parking arrangements. An overnight parking fee would be a total of 22.50 however since you did return past the 24hour period the additional $10 dollars is based upon the time you exited the garage. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me.

Warm Regards

Julie Cashin Yeung.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I spent an unexpected night in DC courtesy of thunderstorms in the NYC area where I was headed. I made a last minute reservation and hopped on the Metro one stop to Crystal City. It was very convenient since the Metro station is connected to the airport terminal.

The Sheraton is across the street from the Crystal City station and about 50 yards down the street. Note that you're exposed to weather for about 20 of those yards and will get a little wet if it's raining, as it was when I walked over. If you want the ultimate in convenience, stay at the Marriott which is connected to the Metro by underground passage.

The Sheraton is an older hotel that has been updated. But the wallpaper is still there and the CFL lamps give off a weak light that reveals accommodations just a step below the higher end hotels. That explains why the Sheraton was one of the cheapest of the major chains when I booked.

Still, the service is super friendly, as others have pointed out, and the front desk went out their way to make sure my stay was satisfactory. I didn't use any of the dining or gym facilities but I found the guest room large and clean. Not sure I'd stay here again but if there's a big price difference with the other hotels I probably would.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business