“A Good Place to Stay Overall” 4 of 5 stars

The Westin Crystal City
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“A Good Place to Stay Overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here during our recent trip to DC. The room was very comfortable, and there was free internet. The room was cleaned fairly well everyday. It had a close proximity to DC, a metro stop, and some shopping. The one problem we had was the parking. We were charged an additional $22 per night or so, and the reader frequently was unable to process the hotel key so we would have a hassle when we tried to get in and out. But overall, this place is a good hotel to stay at when you're visiting DC.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kirbyfan1996
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear kirbyfan1996,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed our convenient location. I agree that our proximity to the Crystal City Metro, Regan National airport as well as many area restaurants is a great benefit to our guests. Please accept our apologies for the issues with the parking garage during the time spent with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Korean first
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the night during a holiday party in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by how polite EVERY staff member was and how clean our room was. The bathroom could have been a little bigger for getting ready, but not a big deal. I have never stayed in a room this clean from top to bottom. The bar tenders were also very courteous! The only thing that could be improved was the $22.50 parking fee per night. Parking in the street is free, but may not always be available. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Also, there are some good restaurants close to have lunch as well.

Room Tip: Go to a airport parking web site and pay $14 a night versus $22.50 a night for parking. They say gu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear travelnickle,

Thank you for choosing us during your visit to the DC area. We are elated that you had a great time. Your kind praise regarding our hotel housekeeping and cleaning staff are greatly appreciated. I will pass your feedback on to our Housekeeping manager.

We appreciated your comment regarding our self-parking fee of $22.50 for overnight self-parking. I am sorry you were not happy with our fees however they are competitive for an urban environment such as Arlington for secure underground parking.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you in the future when your travels bring you back to our area.

north miami beach, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were checking in after long driving hours with tired kids and lots of questions. Sara did not just answered all of them but went above and beyond that giving us tips for our children to be happy while in the city. She took the time to show us from where to park around town to how to save some money on the Metro system. She suggested things to do and things to avoid in order to save time and get the most of our stay. Having met her at the front desk really made our stay in DC a much better and easier one. Great job!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank elvira d
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been here several times. I like this hotel because of its location. It is just across the street from Crystal City Metro station. The Crystal City metro station is only one stop away from the DCA airport a mere 2 minute ride. The hotel is also adjacent to the building where my next morning meeting was located so just a short minute walk. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from Ronald Reagan National Airport. I prefer the familiar metro this time.

The Sheraton has 217 guest rooms. My check in was immediate. As a Starwood preferred member my room was 1406 located on the 14th club floor. See my pics. As usual two bottles of complimentary water awaited my arrival. The next morning I went to the club room for breakfast, but, it was closed so I was able to get a coupon at the front desk for the full buffet at the lobby restaurant. Nice buffet selection. After breakfast I easily checked out and headed off to my meeting next door.

I will return here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tony J
Dear Tony J.,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad our location provided you a convenient home away from home during your visit to the DC area.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the DC Metro area that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been to many hotels in my time and this has been the best thus far. I enjoy good customer service. My wife andI checked in and while we were at the counter my wife mentioned that we just gotten married and she wanted a room with a view. The manager, (Arie) overheard the conversation, took over and upgraded us to the club level floor and didn't know who we were or anything. I was truly amazed and thanked God for Ms. Arie for her customer service and attention to detail. Once we were in the room, room service came with a bottle of sparkling cider and a tray of fresh fruit. I recommend anyone staying here especially if all of the managers are like Ms. Arie.

Room Tip: I booked this room through Hotwire
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Had a great stay. Everything was great. Location to shopping and the Metro were great. The Metro was a two block walk.

Exceptional service by Ernst Lyles! Front desk associate Trudy was great in sorting out our bill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one week for business. The hotel is older, and offered no gift as a SPG Gold member. The cups are plastic, but the bed are very comfortable. The odd numbered rooms provide a good city view. The restaurant downstairs serves a good NY steak. Kudos to server "India" for great service at the restaurant.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business