The Westin Crystal City
  • Breakfast included
Americana Hotel(Arlington)
  • Breakfast included
1,228 results
All reviewscrystal cityfront deskspg membermetro stationroom servicereagan airportdc areabusiness travelerchecking infree internetclose to the airportconvenient locationper dayfitness centerparking garagehotel shuttleblock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had a pleasant stay here. The room was clean and the price was actually quite reasonable (AAA had a special that included parking - be sure to look for this!) The gentleman at the front desk (I believe his name was Daniel) was quite helpful from the outset. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel is RIGHT next to the Crystal City Metro station (which is so convenient).

I ended up having to extend my stay and Sara at the front desk was very helpful. ALL of the gentlemen at the bellhop desk went out of their way to be helpful with directions. They were warm and welcoming throughout my stay (always greeting me, asking me how the day was, asking me if I needed anything.) My only complaint is the internet connection - it is TERRIBLE . . .slower than dialup.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DonnaW_10
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Lovely rooms lovely staff near the metro and bus links into Washington etc a couple of malls near by but very quite on a weekend due to it been very corporate round there but lovely hotel and service we were very happy !!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Vmorri5
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Excellent assistance from the outstanding front desk clerk Ranjit got our stay off to a wonderful start, as did the truly excellent valet-bellman people. Negative was that the club lounge is closed on weekend -- we checked in on Friday, so that meant we did not get to enjoy the club. But Ranjit made sure to make up for that by giving us wonderful coupons for the hotel restaurant. We had dinner at the hotel casual restaurant-bar -- we received great service even though the hotel was a bit understaffed. The location and price were great -- this hotel is just a short Metro ride from DC yet the price was right. It is not a new hotel. But thanks to great effort by the waiter at dinner, the valet/bellman, and especially Ranjit, overall we were glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: Our room shared a wall with the lounge -- not good when someone turned up TV way too loud. Problem was eventually rectified.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I've been to numerous places around the world (Brasil, Belize, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece, and Turkey) and stayed in some pretty rough looking hotels and some extremely nice ones. First, before my trip even began, my trip had been rescheduled the night before I left and the Sheraton Crystal City was more than accommodating in rescheduling my reservation to later in the week despite being within the "make changes get penalized/loose your money" time frame. Arriving at the Hotel, it has a modern feel to it as you walk into the lobby. I went to check-in and had to wait 5-10 minutes due to other guests checking in, no big deal (I've had to wait longer in other places). Upon checking in, quest services were extremely helpful and polite and upgraded me to their "Preferred Guest" floor and gave me a voucher to cover a meal in the restaurant as an apology for having to wait the mere 5-10 minutes. The room was very clean with a beautiful view of the Arlington area. Some of the furniture was a little beat up, mainly the desk, But those nicks and scrapes are inevitable in a hotel when you have business individuals and families running in and out. The location was great. I was there for business and wanted a quiet place to rest. There are some nice cafe's and restaurants around the corner for those who might want a little night life. There are also numerous shops in the crystal city "underground" which is connected to the Metro System. The Metro entrance is less than a block away. The bridge you walk under to get to the Metro entrance was very clean with artwork (glass pieces making flowers and what not) and is well lit. With all that said, the hotel is in a great location with extremely quick access to the metro and Reagan National Airport. The rooms were clean with some scuffs on some of the furniture (desk mostly) and baseboards. The bathroom was clean (and somewhat small, would be a tight fit for two people to be in there at the same time) with granite and plenty of water pressure and hot water. The service staff went out of their way to check with me every day to see if I needed anything taken care of (especially if I was leaving and still had the Quiet Please tag on the door). I would stay here again for business but if I was going for pleasure I would want to stay closer to downtown D.C. to be closer to all the attractions. I hope this review gives an honest, up-to-date, and non-extreme (good or bad) view to help other travelers who get tired of whiny travelers who seem to complain about everything little thing or those who praise the ground the hotel is built on.

Room Tip: Try signing up for their Preferred Guests Membership (Its Free) and see if they will place you on one of the Preferred Guest Floors which are higher up with odd number rooms (west facing) having views of the Arlington area, plus much quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our one night stay and valued the hardwork to provide premium service to us as we celebrated our 6 year anniversary. We especially appreciated the excellent level of service displayed by Ranjii to get us all set up and for helping me surprise my wife. Could not have asked for a better hotel stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2012