New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Fort Lauderdale
“Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Great deal - not only got a great rate, it is convenient, shopping right outside of the hotel and subway downstairs. Takes 8 minutes to get to downtown Washington, so why spend $200 at the other Ritz?
Service was good, not splendid, but room was spacious and luxurious - part of a trip to New England/Northeast and will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Turkish first
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for our anniversary as we were attending the Redskins/Packers game over the weekend. For some reason, Pentagon City was as far in as we could get to the city - most other hotels we tried were sold out. It turned out to be a perfect location as we had direct metro access in front of the hotel for dinner out and for transportation to FedEx field. It does take an hour or so to get to the stadium on the metro as there is a decent walk from the metro stop to the field. If you're not in a hurry - it's no big deal and everyone was more than courteous since the entire train was in the same situation. The staff knew it was our anniversary upon our arrival and wished us Happy Anniversary. About 30 minutes later we had a pastry treat delivered to the room with a hand written note wishing us a fun weekend. Service was incredible - turned out the Packers were staying in the hotel and the staff handled this quite discretely and appropriately such that the team had their privacy taken care of, but the other guests also received fabulous service. We had a noisy A/C unit one night, and it was fixed before noon the next day. Ask for a corner room when you check in - you'll get 2 sets of windows with a view of some of DC's major monuments. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel Memorial day weekend 2010, When I first arrived I was a little in shock, I was expecting the hotel to be much bigger with an out door pool, patio,etc. The hotel is attached to the Pentagon City Mall so its easy access to the mall, and its located in an area with many restaurants and stores across the street. When I pulled up to the hotel the Valet wasted no time getting me out of the car, this service was great! when I went to front desk I was offered a glass of Champagne and they wasted no time offering to take our bags. When I got to the room I must say it was a pretty nice size, we had plenty of space in the room, The beds are extremely comfy and the bathroom was nice. the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the DC area , the hotel only offers Valet parking which is about $38 daily with that said, this hotel is still an excellent choice

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Hershey, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

This was the second time that my husband and I have stayed at this hotel. The main reason we stayed was due to its proximity to the Pentagon (for my husband's work) and proximity to shopping/things to do for me. We were fortunate to take advantage of weekend special rates through the hotel and special perks (such as free breakfast) by using our American Express card. We chose a Bed & Breakfast package which gave us complimentary breakfast and overnight valet parking. The staff is so very friendly, efficient and helpful. I believe it was the most smooth check-in process I have ever experienced...from stepping out of the car to standing in our room must have been about 10 minutes or less! This efficiency was made even more significant by the fact that things were a bit hectic in the lobby since the Dallas Cowboys were staying at the hotel that weekend. We were also pleased to see the same faces at the front desk, bell station and restaurant as our previous visit.

While this may not be the largest or most luxurious Ritz Carlton, it is a great place to stay! The rooms are immaculately clean....a side door allows you to step right into The Pentagon City Mall (which is fabulous in addition to having a handy foodcourt with Starbucks). A double decker Washington tour bus picks people up from the mall, so you can see all the sites downtown without having to drive. There is even acces to at least 2 spas (Red Door Spa just a block away) . A small shopping and eating area called Pentagon Row is locate just a short walk away with easy access through the mall.

The hotel is currently going through fitness room renovations, but no worry = they sent us to Pentagon Row to use the Bally's which was very nice and not very inconvenient at all. (In fact, we got to see what Pentagon Row had to offer by going there....)

We are looking forward to our next visit already....

1 Thank kidzeyedoc
ft.worth, texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

DO NOT EAT THE BREAKFAST/BRUNCH!! I thought it came with the stay and I was pushed by the staff to sit down. I ate a few pieces of cheese and salami and was given a $106.00 bill! I had asked 2 of the staff if the meal came with the room and they said it did. I have never been so disappointed in a hotel in my life. Thanks for the "free" meal, Ritz Carlton, Pentagon City!

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank darrarizer
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

The Weekend Of 8/28 My Friends And I Stayed At The Ritz In Pentagon City As Suggested By Orbitz. To start we did not even have to open and doors. The desk was so helpful, the concierge had directions to anywhere we wanted to go and eat. The room was wonderful, with a great view. They called our room once in a while and asked if we needed anything. Now we are from California so standards are a little high. Walking in, because of the name we thought that they would look at us young adults and think 'how did they get a room here' but that was not the case. They treated us with the most respect. Anything we asked for was done, Extra towels anything. And We Were served water every time we arrived and every time we departed. The Best service I have ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Have stayed here a couple of times for work because a conference was held here.

It's honestly a very average hotel. The level of service is amazing, as you would expect from a hotel of this caliber. Even though I'm sure we were paying the cheapest rate of everyone due to the conference rate we were treated as well as anyone else.

The room is average, but the bed and bedding is extremely comfortable. I slept very well.

Location is amazing as the metro is literally right outside the door.

Also, I did not realize this at first but there is something called Pentagon Row behind the hotel with more restaurants and stores. At first it looks like it is just the stuff across the street (CPK, Best Buy, etc.) but there is a lot more behind the hotel.

Anyway I'd stay here for work of course as I don't pay but if I were coming on my own and staying in this area, the hotels down near Crystal City are just as convenient and cheaper for the same bang for the buck.

ROom service was very good actually, but I just got the burger :p

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
The Westin Crystal City
#11 of 49 in Arlington
4.0 of 5 stars 1,053 reviews
Dupont Circle
The Jefferson, Washington DC
The Jefferson, Washington DC
#3 of 141 in Washington DC
5.0 of 5 stars 967 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!