“Top Notch”

The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We secured an excellent weekend rate with our AAA membership so decided to spend a few days in that area. It's a very convenient location. We loved the food choices being attached to the mall and a few steps away from the outdoor shopping area at Pentagon row. We parked at the mall instead of the hotel which was less than half the price.

The staff was super friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. Convenient to the metro station. We would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank puff007NewEngland

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I spent an extended weekend here in July 2014. The staff was very friendly and although very outdated the room was very clean. I'm assuming the the reason for such a costly stay was the location next to the metro station. The mattress was worn out which gave me great back pain throughout my stay. The restaurant Fyve looked great but again, very expensive for a mediocre breakfast. I do not intend on being a repeat guest at this location as other hotels just a few miles away offer a more pleasant, wallet friendly stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Timothy H
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Timothy H,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. I would agree that we offer a great location with easy access to the District, Northern Virginia and Reagan National Airport. I am also fortunate to work with many hospitality professionals that you appear to have experienced while here. I am sorry that your experience overall did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important and If you have the time, I would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. I can be reached at 703-412-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tod Morrow
The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This particular property is a bit dated including slow creaky elevators and smallish rooms but the service was up to Ritz standard and the location can't be beat. Right next to the Metro station and right next to a shopping mall with a foot court in case you're not wanting the pricey Hotel restaurant option. Sadly, WiFi was not included and you'll either pay $9.95 or $14.95 a day depending on what speed you need. Even with that detraction, I still recommend this property, especially for weekends when substantial discount rates can be obtained.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

A good experience as usual the people were 1st class but the hotel itself is a little tired. The shower backed up and the towels were worn. It is great to have a hotel atop the metro station and mall for accessibility. I did need to check in early as my flight was extremely early and this request was met with no issue.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had a nice quiet room at the back corner of the hotel. Rom had been de-feathered as I am allergic to feathers.

The only complaint I had about the room was that there was a huge scratch on the bedside cabinet. i did not complain as I liked the position of the room and it did not affect its functionality.

Service was very good. Conference people were particularly helpful and friendly.

Unfortunately i did not have time to run in the mornings, but a number of my colleagues commented on the excellent provision for runners of water, towel and map first thing in the morning.

Egg station at brakfast was particularly good with egges always perfectly done.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed at this location before and find it very convenient for travel from the airport and access to the Metro. We were on the 18th floor and found the rooms well appointed and very clean. We found the staff to be very friendly but somewhat overwhelmed at times on the Club Level. The changes to the Club Level were very apparent with one person trying to accommodate all of the guests. We can't really complain because it is a vacation and someone was trying to meet our needs. They become your friends and it is very difficult to see them work so hard.

Room Tip: Flexibility in your scheduled time off can afford you a great rate on the Club Level.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ssina1
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton at Pentagon city twice a year for the past 8 years for a meeting I attend. The location is ideal being two stops on the yellow line Metro from Natinal Airport. The staff are uniformly courteous and helpful. The exercise facilities are above average and open 24 hours a day. The rooms have everything I look for when traveling on business. It is a pleasure staying there. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Dupont Circle
The Hay-Adams
The Hay-Adams
#5 of 142 in Washington DC

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!