“Great Location”

Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Oviedo, Florida
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed at this location before and find it very convenient for travel from the airport and access to the Metro. We were on the 18th floor and found the rooms well appointed and very clean. We found the staff to be very friendly but somewhat overwhelmed at times on the Club Level. The changes to the Club Level were very apparent with one person trying to accommodate all of the guests. We can't really complain because it is a vacation and someone was trying to meet our needs. They become your friends and it is very difficult to see them work so hard.

Room Tip: Flexibility in your scheduled time off can afford you a great rate on the Club Level.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ssina1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton at Pentagon city twice a year for the past 8 years for a meeting I attend. The location is ideal being two stops on the yellow line Metro from Natinal Airport. The staff are uniformly courteous and helpful. The exercise facilities are above average and open 24 hours a day. The rooms have everything I look for when traveling on business. It is a pleasure staying there. I highly recommend it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I drove up from Virginia Beach and checked into the Ritz late in the evening. After a long 4 hour drive, it was refreshing to see smiling faces, courteous and friendly valet staff. The front desk was efficient and processed me very quickly. The valet brought my bags to my room and explained in detail all the amenities of the room, and some of the services of the hotel (e.g., 24/7 food service, etc). I stay at the Ritz whenever I have meetings at the Pentagon because it is very close - so I can either walk to the Pentagon or take the Metro Blue Line (One stop away for only $3.15 round trip). As a federal employee, I am entitled to the USG rate of $167.00 per day plus taxes. The overnight parking costs $35 per day. Great location to the Pentagon City Shopping Mall which is physically attached to the hotel. Great value all around. Internet is not free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you book at the right time, you can get a great value at this luxury hotel just minutes from DCA airport and close to great restaurants and all the DC attractions. Right on the Metro line, also plenty of cabs and convenient valet parking if you have a car. Excellent shopping in the adjacent mall. The food in the restaurant is excellent, although beware the inflated prices for drinks ($20/glass for wine). Breakfast is a must -- fantastic buffet with everything you can imagine, including omelets cooked to order. The only negative was some bad advice and poor directions from the concierge -- surprising for this hotel. Otherwise, a great experience. We stay here whenever we can if we have to fly in/out of DCA.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This Ritz doesn't have the Palatial Grandeur of many of its other properties, but when in DC and getting a Conference rate, it was quite a good deal.
The rooms were comfortable and clean. The halls are like walking through a freezer (bring a sweater). Being on the Metro line and having a high end mall at your finger tips is really nice. There is really nothing else to do in this end of Arlington but shop and take the Metro to DC.
The staff was nice. Exercise facility small with a nice pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
northern virginia
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I like to check into local Ritz Carlton's for a fun staycation with club access included. I have been to the Tysons location a few times and this was my first visit to the Pentagon City location. A friend of mine and I took the metro and hotel was located right across from the exit. This location is very convenient to readily get into DC to see the sights without having to pay the much higher price for hotels there. Since being a local, this was not a consideration. One of the gripes I have with the hotel to begin with is I had called directly to the hotel to reconfirm that I wanted 2 double beds and was told that it was noted on my reservation. When my friend and I got there we had to deal with a king bed. We've been friends for a long time and decided to just deal with it. The hotel is attached to the Pentagon City mall which is convenient for those looking to do some shopping or have access to other dining choices. The club lounge was nice. Attendants there were pleasant. They offer the usual food offerings through out the day. Alcoholic beverages are included as usual, which is very nice. Most of it was decent. The hot appetizers in the evening were disappointing. Fried Mac and cheese balls and some kind of tex mex empanada kind of thing. Neither were good. Hot items at breakfast were also not good. Bad scrambled eggs. They should just stick with the nice continental selection they had rather than offering bad hot items. The hotel does have an indoor pool, which we did not use since the opening hours were in the morning and later in the day at 4:30. No spa at this location. I also noticed the Ritz doesn't seem to carry the Bulgari toiletries anymore, also disappointing. I would recommend for those looking to stay at a Ritz Carlton that is also very convenient to tour Washington, D.C. The hotel is in walking distance to the Pentagon 9/11 memorial, which we did visit. Also want to mention that if you book a bit ahead of time you may be able to secure a nice AAA rate, if you are a member. I paid $220.00 for the club lounge but I did book a few months in advance. I will most likely book my future staycations at the Tysons location.

Room Tip: Club lounge is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
staciefm
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is convenient (public transpiration just outside), beautiful, close to everything, staffed with helpful and friendly staff, and a wonderful choice for a large conference. Enjoyed the trip and hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Dupont Circle
The Hay-Adams
The Hay-Adams
#3 of 141 in Washington DC

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!