“Small things make the difference”

The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I am fortunate to travel and stay in nice hotels...after a while one bedroom or a marble bathroom all seem the same so its the small things that make it diiferent and this hotel is about service. Always a welcome from the doorman, doors opened for you by staff saying welcome back..even breakfast which in hotels the worlds over can be a scrum was civilised and welcoming. Its a comfortable nice hotel with an attached Mall, Pentagon Row nearby for restaurants and clean pleasant rooms with Frette linen and Asprey toiletries. Ritz Carlton s are always reliable and a hallmark for quality..after a 14 hour inbound from Dubai this hotel hit the spot. Well done

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times while traveling for business and this time brought the family with. As always, we received fabulous customer service. One of the main reasons I return. We wish to thank everyone at the Ritz for helping make our stay in DC so great. The hotel is close to the metro, making it very easy to get around. But also attached to the mall should you have forgotten something or just want to shop. There are several restaurants close by, as well as a grocery store. The club level offers just about everything one could want and the room service food was very good. We enjoyed our stay and once again, a special thanks to Khaled, Frank, Bethel, Rashid, Sonja, Mulu and everyone else whose names I have forgotten!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karla S
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We were here for a quick 2-day trip to see the cherry blossoms. The hotel is convenient to the metro, is clean and well-appointed, and the service has been excellent. In particular, our bellhop went over and above, going back down to the lobby to get tourist information for us, as well as recognizing us the next day and engaging us in conversation (recommending more for us to see). The maids have been excellent, providing extra towels, waters, etc. The Ritz has exceeded our expectations.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first time staying at the Ritz and I can honestly say it was the best hotel experience my husband and I have ever had. We travel frequently and usually stay at 4+ star hotels, this one was by far the best! The staff was super helpful and kind. The room was SUPER clean and the attention to details was great. The Ritz may be a little pricier but after a day of sightseeing it was nice to come back to such a wonderful room. The room service food was delicious. The bar/restaurant was a little pricey but again well worth it for a vacation!The location could not have been better. It was the perfect place to stay. We even had friends who live local meet us there fro drinks and they loved it too!

Room Tip: We had just a regular room and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear MEP1999,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review of our property on Trip Advisor. We work continuously to ensure that we provide excellent services and it is gratifying to all of us to read your review. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, should your travels bring you back to the Washington area, I would be delighted to coordinate your arrangements. I can be reached at 703-412-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com.

Thank you gain and have a wonderful Summer Season!

Best regards,

Tod Morrow

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel has lovely staff and great service--you are treated like royalty--but it is old and run down. The beds were absolutely horrid. I slept poorly all 3 nights we were there as did my husband. It is attached to a large shopping mall with a private entrance for guests which was handy. The doorman, desk staff, wait staff and housekeepers couldn't have been nicer. Loved that aspect of the stay. We did however, joke about the bed being the same one George Washington used. Even thought the wait staff at the restaurant were great, don't waste your money on the Sunday morning buffet. $150 for 3 people and lacking in food options.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank nina0912

Dear nina0912,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and services. I am fortunate to work with many fine hospitality professionals. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your sleep experience and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Your feedback is valuable to us as a means of continual improvement. Should you have the opportunity, I can be reached at 703-412-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tod Morrow

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent about a week here for a conference. The location is convenient, with the metro stop right downstairs and easy access to Pentagon City Mall. The rooms were somewhat dated but comfortable.

The service here was amazing, though, and I was repeatedly impressed. The food was amazingly delicious and far, far better than I have come to expect at a conference!

I found this a good stay for business, but probably wouldn't find the cost worth it for a personal vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This Ritz is a bit older and is really showing its age. Carpets, furniture and lighting in rooms and hallways are in need of refreshing and lobby renovations look more Marriott than Ritz. Outstanding customer really makes this hotel; Sonja in the Club Lounge is especially notable. Location adjacent to Fashion Mall and minutes by Metro from DC and National Airport make it a great choice for business or pleasure. Gym is more than adequate with well maintained cardio and weight equipment. What I miss most about the pre-Marriott Ritz-Carlton era are the grand over the top decorated public spaces and wonderful smell of the hotels which have been forever lost under Marriott rule.

Room Tip: North Side rooms face DC with its historic views. Club floor features 5 F&B presentations daily...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple